Best Wishes to elnafinn

Options
13»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you so much my good friends. I have the huge bandage taken away on the 14th along with the pin. I think I shall ask to keep the pin as a souvenir. :lol: You are right, you do have to be careful not to catch it. With more than one I am sure it is a nightmare! I have a circular disc on the end of my pin! Posh aye? :lol: Definitely no ballet. Have managed to take a shallow bath this morning so feel more human now. Have not felt so good the past couple of days but I should learn that I cannot expect to leap back to "normal", immediately, whatever that is! Definitely no ballet, was never good at that anyways!

Save up the ironing, I am sure I shall be so bored in a few days time. You really are such lovely people and hopefully I shall be able to be on the forum a little more in the next few weeks and catch up with everyone.

Love to you all and hopefully you are all not feeling too bad today.

Elna x (((((((())))))))
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Hope all went well my bestest wishes take it easy after x Joanne
    Joanne
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Elna

Consider my ironing well and truly saved, bless you. :lol::grin:

Glad you are home and resting and I hope you feel a little better each day. AND definately no ballet love.
    take care. Leaving some gentle hugs and good wishes ((( )))
    love
    Chris
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Ok so how come you got nice posh disc things and I only got corks :lol::lol::lol:

They came off as well and I tell you one toes didn't fuse up and I reckon its cus I caught that one on the fridge on day 5...... took ages to get the hole repaired in the ceiling :lol:

really hope its not too uncomfortable and fingers crossed you will get round to the ironing cus Stampy seriously needs her pink chiffon dress ironed :wink:

Wont be long to get the pin out and I never felt remotely like keeping mine...... they really do hurt when you catch them and those of us who only had corks know this :lol::lol:

You reckon its cus I had 5 and it was costing :wink: Love and a (((( )))) and a toe healing draft Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning elna, it was nice of you to pop in as things must be very uncomfy at the moment. I think it does take us a little longer to 'bounce back' from ops as we get older probably because our natural resources are thinning, along with the hair, the bones and reserves of patience! Make sure you have plenty of rest, keep those toes elevated, do whatever exercises you have been given (carefully though and not to excess) and I hope you start to feel the benefit of all this sooner rather than later. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Good morning, or perhaps it is afternoon now! Just!

Cris I do not know why I did not have corks but perhaps it was because you were greedy and had many more wires than me. :lol: Goodness, I BET you hit the ceiling when you knocked the toe! I am trying to make certain I do not do that!

I do not have any exercises to do except to move the foot back and forth and elevate as much as possible. It is impossible to exercise because it is too heavily padded with bandages and tape at the moment. When I walk I am meant to lift the leg with knee straight and not to bend the foot/toes at all. I am not tempted to bend the foot really as there is so much bandaging that would not be easy to do either. I have been pottering a bit this morning and now think a rest is well in order. Thank you for looking out for me and I do hope today is not too bad for you all. It is dull weather here but not wet so that is good at least.

Look after yourselves and each other,

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,937
    Options
    Hi Elna.
    how are you feeling today less pain i hope.
    you take care i will be thinking of you and your foot.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Its good to see you posting, I still cant get over the thoughts of thoes pins :shock: but if anyone can get there it is you.
    Pottering... honestly...there is know holding you back
    You take care...make the most of the rest ....and I really do wish you a speedy recovery
    Love and hugs ((((())))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Elna,
    I'm so sorry....not been on the forum recently....I've only just seen this...poor you....wish I had known.......you rest....dont do your usual ...trying to do more than you should and take care....great to see you posting
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hi elna, how are things going now? I hope all is as well as it can be. DD
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Thank you DD and everyone who has sent good wishes, feeling much better now. No need to take painkillers since Monday :grin: I am enjoying seeing the sun, but my heavily bandaged foot is not too keen at all. I cannot wait until the 14th. :grin: I have to wait another whole week!!! The bandaging is the worst part of it now. I have no idea what it will be like when all that comes off next Thursday and what the plan of action is then - physio, no physio. Consultant said no physio necessary but what do consultants know about that :lol: He has finished his part of the work. :smile: The physio I met in the hospital said it all depends on how the toes move when the bandaging and wire come out. So it appears to be a wait and see game at the moment.

I am ready for small amounts of ironing now, a steady flow would be ideal. :grin:

I hope you are all basking in sunshine and managing ok today. I have not been sitting out in it, but it is lovely to be warm.

Luv
    Elna x

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi elna

I have just looked back on this thread and I havent been on since page 2 :oops:

I am so glad that you are out of hospital and are doing well...despite your big pin sticking out of your toe. good thing it is well bandaged.
    Glad you are enjoying the sun and good luck for thursday when you have the bandage removed.

Ironing......can I be cheeky and send mine too :oops: :grin:

take care
    juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

.......... you got bandages as well... it didn't get them.... hell what a difference a few counties make :lol::lol:

I did get a bandages in Devon when they took the toe off but that's a bit drastic :lol::lol:

Glad its all a bit less painful. It will make such a difference to you when its all sorted and happy. I didn't have physio cus the toes are all de-jointed and fused so the only thing that could move is the knuckle bits. One of those is half gone with the toes and be honest the only physio i had was just walking on it.

The big toe joint was part removed later and again physio wasn't needed after 6 weeks just walking was all I had to do.

They left the metal work in for the re-set and half joint thing so again the movement is restricted.

While the wires in you must not move the toe as the fusing takes at least 4 weeks to set and 6 to go hard.

Can you stand n it long enough to do the sheeps ironing though? they said they will nudge you and riffle your pockets if you do.. or if you don't actually.

keep it rested and let it all fuse together before you start to try physio is my advice.

Leaving you a (((( )))) love and a cuppa. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No painkillers? That is indecently good progress in such a short space of time! Don't get carried away, elna, I was going to say don't run before you can walk but that is entirely the wrong phrase, yes? You are doing OK, so don't muck it up by getting carried away with chores!

I hope your mama is better than before. DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    It's great to hear that painkillers aren't warranted Elna..
    Hope things settle down well for you.. When the pull the pin will you have to throw the toe like a grenade? :shock: :shock:
    When I had my finger pinned yrs ago my Daughter Toni asked if she could pull it out :shock: :shock: Think the nurse thought she was joking, she wasn't allowed to, lol.. She's a bit gruesome like me, haha....

Best wishes hun. :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Im so glad to see that the pain is easing , you really are made of good stuff, its all those veggies off the allotment :grin:
    I will be thinking about you on the 14th, I hope you dont need to much physio, and that it has healed well
    Love and more hugs ((((())))
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Elna

Glad to see you are feeling a little brighter now enough to volunteer for some ironing. :grin:
    Yes had a lovely sunny day here too so I hope you enjoyed it with the foot in the shade. Hope all goes well on the 14th for the unveiling and that all has gone well so you have a good recovery.
    take care
    love
    Chris