AC subcription query?

chris7
chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
Hi

Not sure if you can help with this when you catch up on Monday?

I went to my second AC meeting locally last night. On my first visit the treasurer taking the admission money seemed a bit miffed that I had already joined AC as a concessionary member at £14 by doing so on line. Seems it is usual for this to be done locally? I know not why?

Last night she appeared to infer that the regional office would be sending me a refund cheque for £7 which I would then have pay her at the next meeting. Any ideas what is going on here? Why half the amount I have paid? Does it matter that this quite frankly nominal amount of money went direct instead of to the local meeting? Perhaps they get extra brownie points for recruiting people but I am at a loss and a tad bamboozled by this. :???:

I didn't get chance to get back to her as it was a busy AGM but if anyone can advise I would be grateful.
thank you
Chris

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Chris,

I've checked with our supporter services dept and it's £7 probably because half the year has gone, but essentially if you go to a local branch you need to become a local member.

If you want more on this, do ring supporter services, 0207 3806500.

I hope that helps

Guy
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thanks Guy

Still a bit confused since I only joined in March :???: but thanks for the advise. I will see what happens if I make it to the next meeting. I can understand that they want local membership to look good on their books. Thanks for the phone number I may try them.
    Chris