Dangers in the home! Oh I have learned a lesson!!

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 27. Apr 2011, 19:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well have I learned a big lesson! Last night while helping my OH looking for what we would have for tea my OH picked up these frozen chicken sausages and turned to me and these frozen chicken ssausages flew out his hand and landed on my foot with a thud! Well I out let out this loud scream! I fell forward onto my OH and he helped me into lounge and we took alook and my foot was swelling by the minute. So we decided to get it checked out at the hospital, the hospital was great I was seen fast and taken straight over to x-ray and then seen again by the doc. Luckily I have only badly bruised the foot and big toe and will need to keep it elevated and keep off it for it to heal. So I am back on settee with several pillows under foot and a very swollen black & blue foot and big toe! Poor OH feels responsable for it, but it could have happened to anyone! only the person who was in the firing line was someone who has osteo-porosis and will injure slightly worse. Moral of this story! stay away from the freezer!! :eek:

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Amanda

Sorry to hear about you accident. Who would believe that a packet of frozen sausages could turn into an instrument of torture like that :?: :shock: I'm sure it was really painful though, so I hope that the bruising and swelling will calm down soon.

I had an unfortunate encounter with a tin of beans a few years ago when I accidentally dropped it on my foot. After the initial swelling had died down, it was still painful, and an X-ray revealed that I had a fracture in a metatarsal bone in my toe. As David Beckham had exactly the same injury at that time, I was at least in good company, although it was a bit embarrassing to explain to people that mine was caused by a tin of beans :roll: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    And the moral of the story is : no good can come from chicken sausages ! Stick to the pork ones in future ; much more reliable . Hope the pain and bruising are easing a little now , keep that foot elevated and rested . Jillyb
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    The home can indeed be a dangerous place. I am sorry you suffered so much but we are delicate aren't we?And the foot is easily damaged.

Recntly a friend's mum's leg collapsed under her and she was carrying a wine glass which as she collapsed downwards, snapped and shattered and lodged into her neck. She is okay now but it was a very dangerous situation and she was in intensive care.
    Be careful at home everyone.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    You should have quickly wrapped the frozen chicken sausages in a tea towel and applied them to your foot. This could have helped ease the bruising.

When next approaching a freezer that has so viciously attacked you, riot shield at the ready and wear safety shoes.person-smiley-1109.gif
    Josephm0310.gif
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    I'm still limping after dropping a full litre bottle of Sanex shower gel on my foot.The irony is it is totally additive free to look after your skin. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    An A line blackboard once collapsed and did the splits squashing my foot against a wall. The pain took a minute to set in then it was dreadful.Lucky nothing was broken. Our poor feet!

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Thank you for the replys, I do feel silly when I think what caused all the pain and still growing lump! It is the size of a baseball! And a lovely black and purple colour.
    Very un canny some of the things people have said about how the accident happned! Some like mine but with different items! I'm lucky to have people like you about to keep me smiling! Thank you again. :grin: Amanda, (bubbadog)
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    bubbadog wrote:
    Well have I learned a big lesson! Last night while helping my OH looking for what we would have for tea my OH picked up these frozen chicken sausages and turned to me and these frozen chicken ssausages flew out his hand and landed on my foot with a thud! Well I out let out this loud scream! I fell forward onto my OH and he helped me into lounge and we took alook and my foot was swelling by the minute. So we decided to get it checked out at the hospital, the hospital was great I was seen fast and taken straight over to x-ray and then seen again by the doc. Luckily I have only badly bruised the foot and big toe and will need to keep it elevated and keep off it for it to heal. So I am back on settee with several pillows under foot and a very swollen black & blue foot and big toe! Poor OH feels responsable for it, but it could have happened to anyone! only the person who was in the firing line was someone who has osteo-porosis and will injure slightly worse. Moral of this story! stay away from the freezer!! :eek:

In this day and age of litigation surely you have a strong case for compensation.I assume the pack of sausages didn't carry a health warning stating that 'can cause bruising if dropped on the foot!'
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Some years ago I dropped a large glass ashtray and then stood on some of the glass I had the biggest gash under my arch on my foot and blood was pouring everywhere, ended up having to phone a friend who took me to hosp where I had to have stiches - Yes the home is the most dangerous place to be.
    Hope your foot gets better soon
    Cath
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Blimey, the dangers we all face in what is supposed to be the safety of our homes!

My main problem at the moment is my kids, who are growing up to be very boisterous girls. They tend to get over excited and jump on me when I'm lying on the floor, bed, settee, grass, for a bit of a cuddle/wrestle. Now this was fine when they were little, but I have a 9 and 12 year old who are the same size as me! The bruises I've had from them! Parent abuse, I call it!

Nxx
  • NinaKKang
    I think you may have something there, Len - threatening to visit damsels in distress would definitely bring down cases of accidents in the home... I will be more careful in the future :D

Nxx
  • NinaKKang
    You've never failed to make me smile yet, Len!

Nxx

PS :shock: That could be taken the wrong way!
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    rehab44 wrote:
    Dell and Len The Comfort and Cuddle Couple...

Our motto: Is to leave a smirk on the face of womankind
    They say it takes two to tango, now we all know why.

Its not really a smirk when you leave, they are still laughing.
    Josephm0310.gif