D DAY is here - UPDATE

toptottie10
toptottie10 Member Posts: 35
edited 28. Apr 2011, 18:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Cast your mind back some of you will remember my plight, I was having problems with my hands ,numbness, tingling and loss of grip, well to cut a long story short, hands o.k no carpel tunnell, MRI scan of neck, ooooooooppppppppppppssssssssssss, that is were the problem stems from, prolapsed disk at C5/6 and two bulging discs above.

OFF TO SEE THE CONSULTANT IN MINS...... 1.30pm appointment at the royal orthopedic hospital............................ will update later........
Love & Hugs Sally xxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATE - just got back from appointment, NO SURGERY......LALALALALA
NO SURGERY,,,,,.....YES, O.k no surgery, it is the advanced degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis of the spine, the disc's in my neck may change as time progresses and this needs to be reviewed on a regular basis, he advised me to change the way I approach things and learn some new limitations to try and maintain life quality.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, YOU HAVE ALL BEEN GREAT XXX LOVE & HUGS SALLY XXX

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck sally all the best will be right there with you.

Love

toni xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Sally

Guess you about there now then? Hope they don't keep you waiting. I will keep my fingers crossed that it isn't too scary and look out for you later.
    Sending positive vibes and best wishes
    Chris
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sally,

I was quietly in your pocket.... probably asleep cus I just got a wave of fatigue again (don't you just love it :wink: )

Any way I hope it went well and your okish as well> Leaving you a (((( )))) and a hope flower. Cris who is ff to impersonate a dormouse :lol: ) xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Sally
    I am glad you have some answers, and good luck with your appointment, hope it all goes well.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Sally.
    good luck with your appointment i hope it helps you.
    take care and let us know how it goes.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Sally

I am so glad for you that no surgery is needed at the moment and pleased that you know now what it is you are dealing with.

Thinking of you.

Love Tillyxxx
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    Glad to hear that you have an outcome Sally, that you know now what is going on and that you don't need surgery - although I wish that none of us need be here full stop...

Debbie
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    hi Sally
    I am glad that you have some answers, not knowing is just terrible, drives me mad.
    I have similar problems, with nerve impingement and boney outgrowths or osteophytes. You do have to change how you do things so as not to start it flaring and that takes time. No high reaching and the like.
    Sending hugs and lots of Take cares. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).