Anyone had Synvasic I/A shoulder injection for OA?

Options
bubbaboo
bubbaboo Member Posts: 3
edited 18. May 2011, 12:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, am trying to find if anyone has had the same for their OA. My hubby had his first injection last week and not feeling any better yet, not sure how long it may take to kick in? Great to find this site as found some very helpful & intresting info on here today. Many thanks & good wishes to all.
Tania x

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello there, I have OA but my hip is already to far gone so they are operating on thurday. I'm sure someone will be along to help you so hold tight. Hope to see you around the forum, everyone is always willing to help, and you can let your feelings go here and no-one will mind, we've all done it.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tania,

Welcome to the forums and sorry your husband isn't feeling any better.

I have had what the pain doc calls numerous injections t the shoulders, neck and lumber and sadly they work to varying degrees. They can go on working for some time and maybe he will get some benefit in the end, I do hope so.

The last one I had was into the lumber and I kinda dismissed it as not working too well... over time though Tania I kinda realized it was a bit better.... sometimes that's all you get and other times it can make a huge difference.

hang in there flower and I really hope he will get some more improvements. Nice to meet you. Cris x
  • bubbaboo
    bubbaboo Member Posts: 3
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Tania,

Welcome to the forums and sorry your husband isn't feeling any better.

I have had what the pain doc calls numerous injections t the shoulders, neck and lumber and sadly they work to varying degrees. They can go on working for some time and maybe he will get some benefit in the end, I do hope so.

The last one I had was into the lumber and I kinda dismissed it as not working too well... over time though Tania I kinda realized it was a bit better.... sometimes that's all you get and other times it can make a huge difference.

hang in there flower and I really hope he will get some more improvements. Nice to meet you. Cris x
    Hi there Cris,
    Thanks for taking time to reply, sounds like you've had more than your share of these injections. I think in my Hubbis case its been pretty unsuccessful, & we now know that he needs a shoulder replacement. Trouble is at 52 they are very reluctant to do it yet as the life expectancy of rplmt is not very good, meaning multiple replacements!
    I hope you find relief where you can & send you healing thoughts.
    Take care
    Tania xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Tania :smile:

I have had a cortizone injection in my shoulder a couple of times. As I remember both times I got relief for about three months and I do not remember that it took any time before it kicked in. My GP did the injection for me as he liked doing that kind of thing - apparently! :roll: :lol:

I am sorry that your husband's injection has not taken effect yet and hope that it will. Could you make a phone call to ask whether there is a time lapse before the injection will work or should it be immediate? I think you can have about three of them in a year.

Look after each other,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.