Facet Joint Denervation?

Options
serenajack
serenajack Member Posts: 6
edited 3. May 2011, 21:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Has anyone had Facet Joint Denervation? I would be interested to hear about the procedure and the results.

Thanks Jackie x

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jackie

I am sure that I have. :grin: I had a dorsal root ganglion block x 2 at L4 and L5 on 3 December 2009 to try to get rid of the pain of sciatica that I had for over one year. The consultant told me after the procedure, which was performed under GA, that I had a 50/50 chance of it working as he could only inject into L4 and although he tried many times to inject into L5 (He really did try as I counted 15 marks on my back :lol: ) there was not enough space so he gave me a shot of steroids instead. Thanks to this lovely man, I have had no sciatica pain to date. :grin:

I must get to bed now, what a simply wonderful, special day it has been :grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jackie,

I am pretty sure i have had something along these lines.... IO have had the steroid nerve blocks, a chemical temporary denerve and they were saying about making it permanent with cryogenics or fitting a electric thing to cut out the nerves messages but the last chemical one didn't last too long and I was deemed to be an unsuitable candidate.....

Now I get medrone and botox and try as it might it can;t fight that anywhere near as well.... it does try though give it its due it never gives up! :wink:

Mine were both the lumber and the cervical and they did help for a short time but only a few months. I think some of the things they were saying they might have done had I been a decent candidate sound hopeful and it might be one of those your having done?

Sorry i am late seeing this but nice to meet you and keep us posted please. Nice to meet you. Cris x