I need a boot up the Harris.

Options
13»

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD i cant say anything that the others havent already said but im sending you buckets of hugs and kindness. xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I cannot believe the words I have just read, from compositor, they made my eyes leak. John, thank you so much for some truly wonderful words - not deserved at all - but thank you.

tjt and coco? Thank you too - it's a dreary business this arthritis malarkey, isn't it? We are lucky, all of us, that we have AC to help us and support us, through the better times as well as the more ghastly ones. Mr DD and I are off tomorrow for a few days away and I am now getting myself organised in the packing department: no flip-flops, sunscreen or sun hat for me, no way, how very dull and plebian. Two sets of injections and two sharps bins are being organised as I type. This girl knows how to live! :smile: Oh the temptation to leave them both at home and skip a week is very, very, very strong. I honestly don't think my body would notice - let's face it, the meth etc ain't doing much for the knees after all! :smile:

I reduced the steroids yesterday, it's an impatient drop from 10 to 8.5. Hopefully nothing will notice the difference. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Hope you have a wonderful , restful break DD . If you are anywhere near Brighton ; call and say hello ! Holidays can be a lovely change of routine which can help you reassess and view things in a different light , hope you and Mr DD have a good time . Jillyb
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi dd

Just running in (can you hear I am breathless) to wish you a happy happy holiday. After everything you have had to deal with you truly deserve a lovely break.
    Well done too for reducing the pred, I know it is a difficult thing to do and I too hope your body doesn't notice......well it won't cause it can'r recognize you with the lovely new hair cut......I nearly ran past you :lol:

Keep well and have fun

Thinking of you
    Juliepf xx :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hey jillyb1, I sent you a PM on 3rd May - I don't think you have picked it up as yet as it's sitting in my outbox, not my sentbox. It should be in your messages bit, if the system has worked as it should! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi DD,

I'm so glad your Mum has gone home - her visits always nearly finish you off. I really think you have got to limit her visits to just a few days from now on.

Sounds like you have made your mind up on the pred - though you have just done rather big drop!! Good luck with that. There is no harm in having blips in your decrease when times are even tougher than usual - maternal visits/packing up the house etc

I'm so pleased moving is now a priority. I just think what a difference it made when you went on holiday last year to your posh appartment by the sea with no stairs.

Re the fact that your knees ache even more now you have been told about the OA - I can identify with this too. With both my hip and my knee - they got worse and worse and I ended up seeking the advice of medics - the minute was told my hip was crumbling - it definitely hurt more!! Likewise my knee. I think being told gave me licence to acknowledge the pain and being told it was irreversible deterioration meant I could no longer try and convince myself that it would improve. Interestingly though, once I had my op date - it suddenly felt LOADS better - and I had to keep reminding myself that I really did need the op!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • fudge
    fudge Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Hope you have a good holiday DD, lot's of everything that you enjoy without to much interference from the zebra - be great if you could just turn him out to pasture for the duration :!:

You shall be missed, thought of often, and take lots of well wishes with you.

Enjoy - both of you.

fudge.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Daisy, hope you have a great break away. A change is as good as a rest, as they say.

Take care
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Hello DD, enjoy your break darl, I will be thinking of you and Be Good, bye for now.

John x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    PM 'd back and would love to meet up ; forgive my tardiness in picking up your lovely message but I'm still quite new to the forum and learning how it works ! Jillyb
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I am in Worthing about 12 miles from Brighton.

Are you coming in this direction?

Annie