Hi from Texas!

beth1954
beth1954 Member Posts: 5
edited 10. May 2011, 17:16 in Say Hello Archive
Hi! My name is Beth. I have been on alot of different support forums mostly for health reasons, and I just have to say it seems like the best ones, and the most active ones are from the UK!

I signed up on this forum just to snoop around a little. I have had arthritis in my knees for quite some time. One of my knees has now been replaced.

My newest arthritis is in my hands. My right thumb will not bend anymore without locking in the middle of trying to move it. It's quite painful and very annoying. I have arthritis in one more finger on my right hand, and I'm sure I have it also in my left hand/fingers because I can feel it. Is there anything that will help calm that down so that it doesn't pop and lock, and hurt so much?? :cry:
Now I have proof my cats tried to kill me. They unplugged my CPAP machine.

Comments

• purplestorm
    purplestorm Member Posts: 54
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Beth

Welcome to the forum and may I say it has helped me no end!

Im no medical professional however when I have problems with my hands (all be its my tendons that the Artur effects and not my joints) I use fingerless gloves keeps my hands warm and stops the pain and locking

Take care and hope you ok

x
    If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.
  • beth1954
    So, it IS important to keep the hands warm? I wondered about that. Good thing is my hands seem to always be warm! So putting a warm compress on my thumb might also help?? I wasn't sure if it should be heat or cold to be honest with you.

I hope you are doing ok too purple!
  • purplestorm
    purplestorm Member Posts: 54
    To be honest I think different people will say different things but i find the heat always works for me, I do also have naturally warm hands but gloves seem to help, best thing to do is give both a go and see what works best for you. Heat is best for me i even get wrong off the other half for having the shower at skin peeling temperature but it helps on a morning with the pains and whatever works for me is acceptable ha ha
    If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.
  • beth1954
    Ok. Thanks for your advice!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hi Beth, welcome from me too hun.. Hope that you are not suffering too much at the minute...

Hope that you find your feet round here, we are a friendly bunch... Some of us are even knowledgable :shock: :shock: :wink::lol:

Be well mi dear..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP