Hello, new person here

alspurr67
alspurr67 Member Posts: 5
edited 22. May 2011, 06:37 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, My name is Amanda, I am 43 years old and I have recently been diagnosed with OA in my hips and have recently had a steroid injection in my right hip. A friend advised me to look for a forum for people living with arthritis and said it might be useful to talk to people who may be able to offer tips and advice. So, hello.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Amanda :smile:

Welcome to the forum.That was an excellent idea of your friend. :grin: We are a very supportive, helpful lot on this forum. If you would like advice and so on, why not post on the Living with Arthritis forum, as that is where more of us hang about and if you want to visit the cafe, or discuss not arthritis related stuff, that is on the ChitChat zone.

I too have oa and have had both knees replaced relatively recently and have no regrets. Just had three toes dealt with and am 6 weeks post op. :smile:

I hope the steroid injection has helped you, some do, some do not, we are all different.

Hope to see your name around the forum,

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • alspurr67
    alspurr67 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Elna I will do.

Glad your op has gone ok,

Amanda x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Amanda
    And a very warm welcome to this lovely forum, anything you need to ask just post in Living with arthur and when you are ready come and join us in chit chat, its were we have a laugh and chill out,
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    welcome pop on chit chat when ever u need to natter val
    val
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Hi Amanda
    Welcome to the forum as Elna has said it was good advice from your friend I have had OA in my spine and one knee for nearly 6 yrs now and have only recently found this forum. the difference it has made to me has been great wish I had found it a long time ago. :smile:
    Stay positive always👍xx