Yesterday ...

tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 2. Jun 2011, 03:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
We women are so happy to be away from our domestic drudgery. Fresh air goes to our heads. When we go to a garden centre I want to look at everything too and I can see the pained expression on my OH's face as I wander off to look at the plants. Trouble is I have to get him to carry all the plants to the till, I'd much rather he didn't know what I bought and how much I have spent.

All in all a frustating day for you with many heart sinking moments Del!

Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It shows you had a hard day, but it shows that you are a caring father and doting husband, of that you should be proud of.

Now sit your bum down and have a well deserved rest, the gooseberry bush can wait another day.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Advice dear Del...

Dig hole big enough for plant plus two average sized wimmin... :grin::grin::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    just think you have one happy wife and daughter who will be at your beck and call for the next few days out of gratitude lol at least until you go shopping again!x
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    I hate garden centres grrrrr my husband loves his garden so we do visit a lot of places that sell plants not necessarily garden centres but if I want to visit M & S or a shoe shop etc it's a case of be quick and I'll wait outside Men !!!!
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Wendgro - I hate garden centres too - it's like camping, I don't understand what all the fuss is about!

Having said that though, me and my daughters spent a happy half hour in B&Q this morning looking at garden patio furniture and my 9 year old took a shine to one of those arch things you grow plants over (forget what they're called?). My hubby is at work today and had sent us along to buy weed killer and plant food and other boring necessities (I don't do gardening).

And anyway, Del, I don't understand what you were ranting about - that sounds like a typical day off for my hubby!

Nxx
  • tkachev
    I think it is called an arch to grow flowers up Nina! Don't think it has a special name.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    do not have car so do not do garden centers even if i wanted to could get to one on the bus i supose but if bought a tree would never get it back lol
    val
  • tjt6768
    I must admit I do actually enjoy looking round them, can be hard work though so don't always make a full lap.. Luckily the larger ones usually have a cafe, tea is always a good way to relax while the missus spends, lol....

I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to plants, but do have some great friends who come & help out in the garden.. It's a mess at the minute, looked lovely last summer but I've had a bad run of things since so it's just been left.. It'll get sorted again though. My strawberries are just starting to develop, wonderful..... :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Honest, Elizabeth, it had a name but I forget what it was now!

I'm getting some new patio furniture for my garden (which is huge) as soon as I next get paid. Can't quite manage it now as only just had the kitchen done, would wipe out everything in the account if I spent more!

Nxx
  • tkachev
    New kitchen! Pics on fb please!!!!

And Tony it doesn't take long to look messy, I know. Artificial turf and plastic plants next for me :roll:

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Must admit, that is one of those times that even I start to get depressed, when I look at the state of the garden, and it's all basically a bit of weeding, something a healthy bloke would have done in an hour, or I look at the doors that need glossing, then remember how much crippling pain my hands were in after doing the skirting boards.. :shock: :roll:
    Sorry..... SELF PITY ALERT......
    I must be chastised! Someone kick me up the rump.. Lol

tkachev wrote:
    New kitchen! Pics on fb please!!!!

And Tony it doesn't take long to look messy, I know. Artificial turf and plastic plants next for me :roll:

Elizabeth
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    tony am sat looking at walls that need stripping but know if i do it will be paying for days, used to decorate in a night while steve was at work he would come home and it would all be different i miss those days. now i have to plan it like an invasion get stuff in usually takes couple of days sort out easy meals, start do hour then stop even if feel can go on for hours as know during the night joints will swell and burn next day rest then another hour all fit in with what ever needs doing at work i will get kitchen sorted but not starting today it to damp and i am feeling achy and mardy so another mug of t and find some chocolate val
    val
  • tjt6768
    lol.. Aren't we a right bunch eh Val?
    I keep staring at the bloody doors that need glossing... Thing is, we have just arranged to finally having the flooring laid in the hallway on thursday morning.. Had to wait until I'd glossed the skirting you see.. I know for a fact that I'm gonna be pee'd off with the doors spoiling it all. I want all new doors but even though I can get them at a decent price we are pretty skint at the minute.. But is it really worth me glossing these ones just so it looks nicer till we can afford the new doors.. Even they'll need glossing though :roll:
    It's really gonna bug me, must try not to let it wind me up though. Gone are the days that I would have had them all glossed in one morning, both sides... :roll: :roll:
    I'm a broken old fart who needs to realise that he's a broken old fart.. Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    that sounds like good advice from one broken old fart to another :wink::lol:
    Cheers Del..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • parrotman
    parrotman Member Posts: 36
    I just think you're a hero Delboy and you have my fullest admiration.

The things us men have to do :smile:
    P1010005-1.jpg