swollen knee

Options
princess935
princess935 Member Posts: 90
edited 31. May 2011, 10:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, i had injections in both knees fri, and slowly over last 3 days my left knee is more swollen, feels warm and looks like loads of fluid in there.

Is this normal, back to see rheumy in a week, shall i wait is it normal.

thanks

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think you said when you posted about the aspiration that he could not withdraw as much of the fluid as he wished, and that he thought that your knee was flaring, so yes, this sounds like par for the course inasmuch as it matches my numerous experiences of this procedure. My knees would do the same even when the fluid was drawn off (the steroids never did much for me). I don't think you rested your knees enough after either, I know the party didn't go that well for you but on reflection not going could have been the better option. I think you are new to all this, yes? It does take some getting used to and it is very disappointing when things don't appear to work for one. You are seeing him again soon I think? He probably won't steroid it again (they usually like to leave a decent break in between each treatment) but he might have another go at the aspiration and that should help. Rest as much as you can whenever you can to ease the strain on your knees. I still put a pillow under mine, whenever I am sitting on the sofa with them on the footstool, or I am in bed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben