Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Advise on moving area please

bertyboybertyboy Posts: 2,052
edited 31. May 2011, 11:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
we are hopefull that we have sold the house and we are wanting to move out of the district including county , how do things work with new DRs and consultants i know Drs are easy but what about the hospital , i am now going into panic mode :???: any info thanks x
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx


  • fudgefudge Posts: 78
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello bertyboy, firstly I wish you all the best in your move, have never dthis but there is a website that should have lots of information to help you in

    getting sorted out with all kinds of things.


    hope this is of some help, another thought comes to mind, how about the town hall of the place you are moving to, could you contact them - or the local council - them who you going to pay all your council tax to for all the services they provide :!:

    try not to panic, all will work out. (()) you have done the hard part.

  • julie47julie47 Posts: 6,142
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi bertyboy

    Congratulations on selling your house and good luck with your move.
    Hope you find a gp and hospital easily.....but sorry I can't help.
    Juliepf x
  • theresa4theresa4 Posts: 696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    sorry I cant help with this but good luck with it all xx

    ps at least your access to AC doesnt change you'll still have all of us :wink:
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

    Theresa xxx
  • scatteredscattered Posts: 326
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The easiest way I found was to tell your current consultant that you're moving and where you're moving to. With luck they will know someone there and can refer you directly. If they don't then they can do some research and refer you directly anyway. It's much easier than waiting around for a GP to re-refer you.
  • bertyboybertyboy Posts: 2,052
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    thanks one and all for links and wishes , rest assured where i go you will be with me x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I don't know but I would assume that your current rheumatologist/orthopaedic bods could refer you to ones in the new area - could you contact the one you feel most comfortable with and ask what the procedure might be? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fudgefudge Posts: 78
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello collywobble - hope it's a case of two heads better than one :grin:

    Hope you are keeping well :grin:

Sign In or Register to comment.