dinosaur cake

cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
edited 1. Jun 2011, 03:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Putting all the RA stresses and worries behind me today as I grapple with making a dinosaur cake for my son. I've taken a day off work to do this and sort the house out for assorted birthday visitors on Sunday.

Dinosaur flavoured of course (strawberry & vanilla), the cake mix tastes yum.

The easy bits are in the oven right now....3 cakes....its once they come out the oven and cool down that somehow I need to make 2 circles & a rectangle with a bit of icing into a dotty dinosaur :shock:

Wish me luck
at least I know its easier than what I was doing this time 3 yrs. ago (at the beginning of a very long labour) :roll:
Chrissie

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    good luch always used to make mine there cakes always had to be chocolate either ghostbuster cars football cricket pitches etc they always loved them even if there were a little wonky they did not care they had helped and loved them warts and all val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I envy you your skill and creativity. It could possibly take you hours but will be so worthwhile. What shape are you going for? Stegosaurus? Bronto? T Rex? I hope the celebrations go well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cthornley
    Diplodocus ish....as its going to be yellow with green and red and blue spots :wink:
    Its based on a painting that I did with my son that hangs on his wall which he loves, so cute rather than scary.

I think I enjoy making them as much as he likes eating them. Last year I did a huge chocolate Gruffalo, the year before a collection of Mr Men. I don't get to be as creative as I'd like to be most of the time especially now my job has a heavy management load so doing stuff like this just reminds me how fun it is, oh and how good cake smells when its cooking.

Chrissie
  • dreamdaisy
    I popped over to some neighbours for a cuppa on Monday and baking in the oven was a batch of fruit scones. Had two. Hot. Lovely. Never think to do 'em myself, dunno why.

My 50th birthday cake was in the shape of my first car, numberplate and all. Special cakes make the day, yes? You could attempt a 3D model of a heart for the cardiologist when he hits a landmark birthday! DD
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    First off your cake sounds amazing. I must be honest, I have never been much good in the kitchen. Hubby does most of the cooking in this household. When your finished you'll have to take a picture to show us, if you can.

Anyway have fun in making it and that your boy has a super birthday to.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • cthornley
    Ok finally worked out how to share photos....

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k481/Architecturalpanda/

should show you a picture of the finished cake

The party went well and we had a wonderfully hyperactive little boy for the whole weekend. He's adamant now tho that now the weekend is over he's no longer 3 and has reverted back to being 2, and will not be convinced otherwise

Chrissie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    The dinosaur cake is lovely Chrissie. And i love the teddy bear cakes too. I am so glad he had a lovely party.

Best wishs
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well done it great val
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hi Chrissie,

That is one fantastic cake you made there, and the cakes. I bet he did have a fantastic birthday bless him. And thank you for sending the pictures.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    What a fabulous cake! Who's a clever girl then? :smile: What lovely pictures, thank you!

I love the fact that he has decided that being three isn't worth the bother and two is better. He may be onto something there. DD