BACK AND SHOULDERS HURTING

Options
butterflywings
butterflywings Member Posts: 25
edited 4. Jun 2011, 17:21 in My child has arthritis
Hi, I haven't been on for a while, but I just wanted your advice really. My daughter (she's 10 years) has psoriatic arthritis (newly diagnosed from having JIA since 15 months) and just recently she has been complaining of her shoulders hurting and her back (moreso the spine) aching. It hurts when she walks or jumps/runs.

She hasn't been any more active than normal, so I'm thinking of taking her to the doctors just in case it's connected with her arthritis; should I be overly concerned?

Thanks XX

Comments

• littlemummy2
    littlemummy2 Member Posts: 91
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I think we all get a bit concerned when our child is in pain with arthritis. Your doing the right thing getting her checked out, you can't be too careful when it comes to pain near/on the spine. Good luck

Michelle A x
  • Sky
    Sky Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello Butterfly,

I would certainly get her to the doctors. I'm no expert but I do have Psoriatic Arthritis. It may be totally unrelated in your daughter's case, I don't know. I have it in my spine and neck and this causes me similar pain to what you describe. I pray that it not arthritis of the spine causing this pain for her but it is definitely worth getting checked. You can't be too careful.
  • butterflywings
    butterflywings Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi - and thank you so much for all your advice and concern. My daughter's 'pains and aches' in her back have eased a little now but she is seeing her consultant soon so I am going to mention it to her then. It is always a worry when she complains of pains; I feel so sad for her - but I have to be strong !!

Thank you again

X
  • andylamb
    andylamb Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Good luck Butterfly. Let us knows how she gets on. I hope it's not related to the arthritis at all.