new to this

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 15. Jun 2011, 10:04 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone,I just found this site on monday didnt know there was anything like this out there.I was diagnosed with ra in sept last year after 2 years being told it was oa.Ipicked up a magarzine in clinic where i found this site i posted a couple of inquiries that were answered almost straight away its good to know that there are people out there who suffer the same but still care about others.My husband tries to understand but its difficult for him as he has a short term memory due to a stroke 8 years ago,so its good to know you can have a moan and people will understand.MIG

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi mig, I hope you are having a better day today. I found this site after thirteen years - mind you having a computer helped! :grin: I got mine in Feb 2010 and found here two months later. I cannot believe the difference the forum has made to my life, I have found it a wonderful source of friendship, support and understanding. I hope you stick with us, new voices and experiences are always welcome. What meds are you taking for the RA and are they helping? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi dreamdaisy,have just started on (begining of week)on lefluomide,was first prescribed methotrexate in pill form helped but they made me feel sick all the time and i got a little depressed when it came time to take them,after being persueded to try the injections(it didnt bother me doing them)i started to feel sick again and really down in the dumps then my liver count shot up so i had to stop them,i have got naproxen and dihydrocodine plus omeprazole to protect stomach am already on pills for blood pressure which was fine when i had it checked at begining of week.so i am just going to wait and see if this one works for me.
    best wishes Mig.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My apologies Mig, I remember now. :oops: I am on injected meth (15 whatevers a week), I have injected humira fortnightly (an anti TNF treatment), I too take naproxen and omeprazole, and I am trying to come off the oral steroids (they are the only things that make a noticeable difference but long-term use such as mine is not good for one. Typical. :roll: ) I now have two kinds of this dross, PA (psoriatic arthritis) and OA - I only found out about that in April. I hope you get on well with the lef - frogmorton found the thread I mentioned and she and I have bumped it up for you on LWA - have a read, I hope it encourages you! It can take time to find the med that both suits and help, I hope this is the one for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben