Dismissed on medical grounds

traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
Had my hearing at work on thursday..
Am now officially dismissed on medical grounds, which i have now accepted..
What annoyed me was that i never even got a thank you for my hard work over the years..I suppose i was just a number like everyone else.. Just a shame it was like that.. I was one of the goodens too..
Never mind,, i have some lovely people to keep in touch with and have had some great times which i will remember..
Now i can concentrate on my health without work hanging over me..
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• traluvie
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Your right Del..
    In a weird way, it is the best thing for me at the moment.. :smile:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It may be the end of one part of your life but it could also provide the chance to sort out another part and begin anew when that is done. Your inflammatory arthritis is very fast-moving and it needs to be brought under control - the stress of working has been removed and I hope that helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Was that with ill health retirment?, I'm still going through it where I work, been off for two months, seen my GP today and he wants me on long term sick but I'm worried about it so is the wife, daft thing is I tick all the boxes for ill health retirment but company doc has final say and wont do it, I don't know what to do.
  • traluvie
    Mellman..
    It is a big decision to be signed off on ill health retirement.. I am 31 so in the health professions eyes, there is a chance that i could improve hence the reason for my doc saying no..#
    I hope that i will be able to return to work one day.. we shall have to wait and see..
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    more time to spend online ... 8)
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • traluvie
    Thats lovely peter. . I am glad they showed there appreciation in the end. . Not so sure i'll get a thanks from NHS . . I maybe surprised but am not holding out much hope. . X
  • mellman01
    good story Peter bet he was shocked!,Tracy there's no chance my OA is going to get better,I had an MRI begining of the year and there's more damage now, also I was diagnosed with chronic pain syndrome this being kicked of after a doulbe keyhole job on both knees. I remeber surgeon saying I have advance OA of both Patella and will need two new ones in around 7 years from now,so it's down hill from here for me.
    the crazy thing is I fit the bill for ill health, tick all the boxes cmpany GP wont do it, in the pension rules I automatically qualify for it but again it's up to him.
    Yeah Del your right I think,I don't want to do it but I haven't been left much of a option HR want me gone and want me out on ill health so have written to company Doc twice now, God I never thought I would ever be here, saps your will to live.
  • traluvie
    Lol@ del. . Better than sex?? Wouldn't go that far. . Mel It sounds like you do tick all the boxes. If I remember rightly it doesn't have to be your GP that signs you off on ill health retirement, it can be signed off by any medical professional that is dealing with you. .
  • mellman01
    I bloody hope so Dell! :oops:

Tracy it's up to company Doctor he has final say on this issue, it's just how it is no one can force his arm he's got all the power so I'm told, it's daft honestly totally demorolising place shuts in a year anyway or so they say it will this is just a game, it's been 3 years now and I'm no further forward in fact when I finally gound out I also have chronic pain syndrome as well as OA I thought this was proof I was as bad as I'd been telling them all these years but it did nothing I'm still treated like a bad smell. And or a lead swinger, sorry getting angry now!. :evil
  • traluvie
    No need to apologise Mel..
    It is a subject that does get our blood boiling..
    It must be different companies have different rules and regulations, sorry i just presumed it would be the same for every company..NHS are maybe being a little more lenient lol...
    Seems like the doctor is being very stubborn,, could any other medical opinions be given to support your application..seems unfair you are having to have this battle.. not something you need on top of everything else..
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze Member Posts: 25
    Tracey, you can now look after your health, take it easy and not have the stress of coping with your job. I am not fit for work at present but feel that I am no longer fit to do my job! Retail position and involves lots of standing, walking around entire shop and my knees can't cope. My doctor has the attitude of "grin and bear it", take your painkillers, you can cope. Due to a fall and injuring my ankle I am at home but when the ankle has healed and doc will not be giving me anymore not fit for work notes and it stresses me out thinking how I will cope. I want to work, earn a decent wage but my present job affects my health. Being dismissed on medical grounds would for me be better than sex because my OH has left me (he couldn't cope with my changing personality i.e. pain etc.) and I am not getting any. lol

Maria.
  • traluvie
    Maria..
    Bless.. sounds like you could do with a break..
    I am grateful for having this time to concentrate on my health..Hope that i am able to return to work in the future..
    Are you able to have adaptions done in the workplace to help you??(They were unable to do this for me due to the nature of my job) Can you see Occupational Health for them to help you??
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze Member Posts: 25
    It is really the nature of the job. Adaptations will not help. You have to be fit and healthy. I cannot be given a chair and sit in it all day. I have to walk around the entire shop, supervise staff, stand for ages and I have stood without sitting often for 4 hours or more. The company treats the staff as a number anyway, we had a decrease in all our wages and were told to be happy to have a job! There isn't anything else I can do within the company either. I can no longer kneel down for the lower shelves, pick up boxes of stock and I have seen how staff are fed up having to do some of my jobs. They sigh heavily and it makes me feel awful and wish that arthur would go away but sadly it is here to stay now and can get worse. Maria.
  • traluvie
    Sounds like you could do with some support though seabreeze, a shame for you to be suffering as you are and struggling..If you think your GP is not taking you seriously then it may be worth you getting an alternative..You need to concentrate on your health.. and yes unfortunately i think we are numbers.. there are some great employers out there, but finding them is hard.. in society nowadays it is very hard to find a job, an employers attitude unfortuanately is there is someone else out who will be able to fill the job very quickly..
    Hope you get the support you need.. let us know how you get on..