not sure

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 1. Aug 2011, 08:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,i have noticed some weird messages that i have not looked at,what exactly are spammers and how do they get in,are they dangerous to my computer? :???: Mig

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes, your right Mig, there have been a lot more recently. And to honest I don't think they can affect us. I could be wrong though.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope I am right in saying that they are only dangerous if you click on one of their links. I never have and I never will but I do report them. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mainly they are trying to sell stuff they send messages all over the internet quite a few getting through here at moment most will not do harm but there always a chance a virus is attached so beware what you open val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    A few mornings ago I reported 11 of them on LWA.
    You will be fine as long as you dont click on their links but the first thing to do is report them....I know they just come back under another nickname but its the best we can do.
    Do you get them on this forum? I'm not on here a lot.....I know they come to LWA in their dozens.

Just when we are on that subject if you every get an e.mail supposedly from a friend {or someone you know} if it has a link and looks a bit "iffy"
    dont click on that either.....just start a new message to the person that sent it and ask if they did send it or if it is spam? If they didnt send it just delete it. I got one from my daughter yesterday......didnt look right....so I facebooked her and no she didnt send it.
    Love
    Hileena
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    best rule on here or your PC or even your mobile or home phone, if you get a message call txt etc that you don't know who it is from bin it, ond certanly don't open or reply to it, there's so much crap out there if your best to always have your antenna up.