What should I do?

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
Here's my dilemma, I am waiting for HR to give me a date for my ill health retirement, yet today there I was being forced to do manual work hauling a van load of stores kit up to the operations department, we have 12 guys sitting around on shift taking the p**s out of me and happily watching me and another chap struggle with this stuff.
When the chap I was working with told me to go and rest so I did, then up comes my line manager taps me on the shoulder and informs me there's still kit on the Transit van that needs bringing up!, at this point I told him to go and get some of the other lazy s**s in the T room to do it as I am not doing any more. He finally got some of the shift to finish the job off.
The thing is he knows I am leaving but still is intent on messing me around like this, my wife wants me to go back in tomorrow but I have decided to go and see my GP and get him to sign me off until I am retired, the way I see it if I don't now go sick and turn up again tomorrow he will use this against me as he like to play mind games he will also no doubt find some other manual work for me to do this is how his mind works he vindictive and snide'y and blows hot and cold he also tells me to my face I'm not ill enough to be retired and in his view I am making a lot of it up simply so I can get a pension.
So what would you do? would you. a) carry on and keep going in until the bitter end or b) go sick until your given your pension which will be in a month or less??.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well i think he jealous go for b **** him i know your wife does not agree but she does not have arther and all the things that throws at us the stress will only make you much worse

your buddy
    val
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hiya, i would go b too, u dont want to let them
    g**s beat you but at the same time you can do without injuring yourself and making things worse for yourself.
    Whatever you decide has got to be whats best for you.
    You will come to the right decision.

Take care.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • scozzie
    scozzie Member Posts: 333
    I'll offer another twist, see the doc and get signed off on stress leave! And make sure management knows about it, because the man sounds like a bully. And if management ask, tell them he's a bully!

Good luck
    Scozzie
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    I agree that is the best decision, your employer is trying it on and wants you to leave like my employer they do care about their employee or their duty of care towards them. :cry:
  • mellman01
    Well been to see me GP and he signed me off for a month and told me I should not go back if that's what's going on so all I have to do now is phone centre desk and give them the good news, mind you all the shift managers know of me and my case so I dare say I get some comment but s*d them they've been taking the p**s for to long as it is. My fear is if I'd have carried on going in he my line manager would continue to engineer a situation where he could file a formal complaint against me and bingo I'm up s**s creek.
    And as you've said on here he has a care of duty towards me and is breaking that care on purpose aka maliciously so is tantamount to discrimination and abuse in my eyes.
  • mellman01
    Ha! thanks del, I'd love to put my manager on top of it as well, I honestly don't know what his problem is, he will not leave me alone, I think he tried to phone here this morning but the wife didn't answer the call he's probably worried I'll kick up a fuss he's lucky I'm not but I just want to fade into history, I don't want a messy divorce but he will not let me be I should have really made a formal complaint but it's just opening old wounds.
    I will e mail the union chap on a day or so can't be a***d now nothing ever moves quickly there anyway, oh there is the case of my lockers I will sneak in one evening in a week or so and empty me T locker the others they can have the pleasure of clearing out there's only junk in them anyway.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    am so proud of you well done now your life can start no more stress from that lot it not worth it have a good rest then expect some great rants val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well done Mell

you have done the right thing and l bet you want to put that manager on the bonfire :lol:

I totally agree you can get on to the union once you have recovered a bit.

Love

Toni xx