Do you know your ding from your bling?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 10. Dec 2011, 19:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just read about a new app for a phone which translates teenage slang words and phrases. Here's some of the faves:

Dissociative Facebook identity disorder - Someone whose Facebook image and real life image is completely at odds

Geekstress - A female geek. These can be very intimidating to teenage boys, especially attractive ones

Googleheimer's disease - You know what you want to search for on Google, but by the time you reach your computer you have completely forgotten what it was. Who are you again?

Hiberdating - Someone who suddenly drops all their other friends when they start dating

Hot mess - Someone who is flustered, dishevelled and maybe short of time but radiates a certain sensuality

Meaty - Good. “That track is meaty, dude.” Seldom applied to vegetarian dishes, however tasty – teens don't tend to do irony

Powerpuff presentation - A presentation that is full of animation and fancy graphics but completely devoid of any substance

Premake - The original version of a song that a modern band has remade or redone. The teen will often doubt the existence of the premake

Screen saver - The blank and sometimes blissful expression that sometimes comes across a person's face when daydreaming

Woteva
- Whatever – a catch-all phrase often signifying reluctant agreement

Now I know what's wrong with me: I've got Googleheimer's disease and I often have a screen saver expression. x:shock: I hope that not too many of my posts are Powerpuff presentations, but oh well, wotever x:!: x:lol:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    One term I like is testiculating, talking total b*****s while waving your arms about, I have had several bosses who did this both te@ts!.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    gosh our english language is getting more and more confusing ....or is it that I am getting old :lol:

juliepf x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    got so far down list and it remineded me had to reserve an anti virus thanks val
    ps great list
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    One term I like is testiculating, talking total b*****s while waving your arms about, I have had several bosses who did this both te@ts!.

I haven't heard that one before, Mel, but I've lived a sheltered life x:lol: x:lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    gosh our english language is getting more and more confusing ....or is it that I am getting old :lol:

juliepf x

I don't like to break it to you, Julie, but............

You're getting old ( like me! )
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    julie47 wrote:

juliepf x

I don't like to break it to you, Julie, but............

You're getting old ( like me! )

x:cry: x:cry: ....joan I thought so x:cry: x:lol: x:lol: x:lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Actually, Julie, I just saw on Ron's thread that you are 48, so you are still a spring chicken, unlike me x:lol: