Hello.....new, recently diagnosed with RA. I'm 24.

Options
peridotlouise
peridotlouise Member Posts: 81
edited 20. Dec 2011, 09:06 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone, i was diagnosed with RA last fri... MRI came back with inflammation but no joint damage... my rheumy said i'm lucky that I got diagnosed so early (i only have stiffness in hands, randomly sometimes in feet, but no pain, just a bit uncomfortable) Had one bad flare where my hands locked and couldn't walk without hobbling one morning, but otherwise just stiffness. But i dont feel lucky. Everything i read people are in pain, so i'm panicking and worrying beyond belief. I'm being put on sulfasalzine...and im so scared about taking it. i'm just so stressed and upset, confused. wondering if it will get worse. I want a career and I'm nowhere near it yet, I'm so young. I'm sorry i'm rambling. I don't know anyone with this, my family don't have it. No one really understands. Sorry, don't really know what to say. I'm just so worried and feel alone.

Comments

• prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi peridotlouise
    Welcome to the forum,but as we always say 'sorry you had to find us'.
    Many of us here have RA (I for one,but very well controlled.... x:-).
    You will find us a very supportive crowd here and a wealth of knowledge gained from personal experience.
    Once your diagnosis has sunk in and get over the intitial shock you will feel more positive,we've all been there..... x:-).You are fortunate that you have been diagnosed early.
    Feel free to post anytime (best on the LWA forum),someone will always listen and you never have to feel alone.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • crabtree123
    crabtree123 Bots Posts: 31
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi everyone, i was diagnosed with RA last fri... MRI came back with inflammation but no joint damage... my rheumy said i'm lucky that I got diagnosed so early (i only have stiffness in hands, randomly sometimes in feet, but no pain, just a bit uncomfortable) Had one bad flare where my hands locked and couldn't walk without hobbling one morning, but otherwise just stiffness. But i dont feel lucky. Everything i read people are in pain, so i'm panicking and worrying beyond belief. I'm being put on sulfasalzine...and im so scared about taking it. i'm just so stressed and upset, confused. wondering if it will get worse. I want a career and I'm nowhere near it yet, I'm so young. I'm sorry i'm rambling. I don't know anyone with this, my family don't have it. No one really understands. Sorry, don't really know what to say. I'm just so worried and feel alone.

Hi, Peridotlouise , pleses , please , you are not rambling , I have just read your post and so want to give you a big hug . I was diagnosed with R. A. 3 yrs ago . ( 54 yrs ) . I am fairly new to the forum, but have found chating to others extremely helpful and one never feels alone here . Josie x .