New Year Blues

jean123
jean123 Member Posts: 642
edited 1. Jan 2012, 04:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
It is really quiet out there today. I was supposed to be going to my son's in the Borders to watch the village firework display,and enjoy the company of my family, but am fated to be at home with a nasty virus instead. So I will be loney online at midnight, with only the spammers for company....and hubby, Izzi and Tilly the cats, and Alfiewhippet

Have a great New Year when it comes, everyone.

Jean

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Jean.
    i hope you will feel better soon.
    thank you for all you and the other moderator's have done for this forum.
    i hope you all have a good 2012
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh Jean you have my utmost sympathy. I speak as one who got up from bed (Gastric flu) to join our own party at 11.50pm, toasted the millennium in with Gaviscon then went straight back to bed. I wish you a spammer-free night and a healthy, happy 2012, some of it spent in the lovely Borders.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jean123
    Thank you Joan and sticky. I hope that both of you have a great night, with not a whiff of gaviscon needed. I am still determined to break open a bottle of Cava, but am saving the champagne for Scotland.

Jean
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    My advice would be to go for the champagne. Scotland has to be the single malt.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jean123
    My brother is a real malt expert, but I hate the stuff. We used to visit distilleries on holiday, and my dad always got my mum's and my share. Those were the days when it was free, and it was OK to drink and drive - not many cars on the road up there anyway, just sheep and heilan' coos!!

Jean
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Aw Jean,

Hope the nasty virus goes but I don't suppose it'll abandon you before midnight ................shucks!

Whatever you toast the New Year in with let's all hope for a good one with whatever sorrows we have left behind in 2011.

t07007.gif

i24047.png

HAPPY 2012

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • jean123
    I'll drink to that. May we all have a happy 2012 with arthur well in the background.

Jean x;) x;) x;) x;)
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Sending hugs to get rid of nasty bugs and hope you feel better v soon. Our new year will be in doors, cup of T and maybe a few dozen chocolates, well, enough until I feel a little queasy :grin:
    I used to love going round the distilleries, Dalwhinnie was my fav, wonderful spot, way up in the high hills. Cannot bear the smell of it now.
    I will do my best to post around midnight, but, if I am glued to the TV, happy new year to one and all. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Hi Jean, u will not be the only one inside at home. Maybe we should have our little party for all those up :smile:

Hope the New Year brings happiness to us all.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • jean123
    Hi Bubbles,

Sounds like my kind of New Year...though I am determined on the cava, which is strange as I don't normally drink.

We used to visit the distillary in Skye when we went there on holiday, and they used to give free tots. They charge now, and you get the money off if you buy a bottle. Dad used to deal in industrial relations in the distillaries in the Inverness area, and he was allowed to accept a bottle of whisky as it was cheap before the tax. When he moved home he had about 300 fantastic malts. Poor dad is down with me now, and too ill to drink whisky.

All the best for 2012.

Jean
  • jean123
    CJHunter wrote:
    Hi Jean, u will not be the only one inside at home. Maybe we should have our little party for all those up :smile:

Hope the New Year brings happiness to us all.xx

Great idea, I am up for a party. We can have all sorts of calorie free wine and other good things. x;) x;) x;) x;) x;) x;) x;) x;)

Jean
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Awww Jean...these nasty bugs do know when to strike....I hope it goes on its way very soon...then you can get on and enjoy the celebration....better late than never....Happy 2012...and lets hope its much kinder..
    Love
    Barbara
  • jean123
    Thank you Barbara,

and I wish you and yours all the very best in 2012.

Jean
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    So sorry to hear that a nasty virus has attacked you, Jean, just when you wanted to have fun with your family.

I hope that you will soon feel better, and in case I miss you at midnight:

th_54.gif

This link is to cheer you up and to say Happy New Year from Tommy Tucker to Izzi and Tilly and Alfiewhippet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSJEe63In7Q

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jean123
    Brilliant, Joan, I will play it to the furry ones at the stroke of midnight.

All the very best for the new Year to you, hubby and Tommy.

Hugs,

Jean
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    th_animated-fireworks.gif

Happy New Year, Jean and all at AC
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jean123
    Thank you Joan for your company in 2011. It has been great.... and a Happy New Year to all AC forum members old and new.

Jean and all at the forum team.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    t07007.gif
    To you Jean and the gang

love

Toni xxx

and here's to a speedy recovery x:-D t0360.gif