another newbie

flossy47
flossy47 Member Posts: 171
edited 18. Jan 2012, 00:35 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone. I have been diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis. Not exactly sure what that means but hopefully someone on here might be able to tell me.
Flossy

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    welcome, it the term they use when there is inflimation showing in your bloods and swelling they will keep an eye on you and eventually they will give you a name to call it. but as there are 200 types it can take a while i still have inflimation arther as well lol call in cafe for natter (on chit chat) when ever you want to talk.
    val
  • flossy47
    Thanks.
    Flossy
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Flossy47 and welcome from me too. As Val said, inflammatory arthritis is a kind of blanket term they use until they’ve decided which particular brand you’ve got. Some people are ‘lucky’ enough to get a diagnosis straightaway but sometimes it can take a long time. Arthritis Care produce a booklet on the different kinds of arthritis which you can download here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Arthritisbasics

If there’s anything you want to ask, Living With Arthritis is a good place to be. Chit Chat is also popular for non-arthritis talk. Hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • flossy47
    I think the problemm with my diagnosis is the fact that nothing and I mean absolutely nothing shows up on my blood tests. The consultant took one look at my hands and said he was putting me on sulfasalazine. Must admit they were very swollen that day so maybe it was quite obvious what the problem was.
    Flossy