Hello newbie here

vwkamper
vwkamper Member Posts: 132
edited 6. Jan 2012, 04:19 in Say Hello Archive
Hi,

I have fibromyalgia and 6 months ago an xray of my spine showed osteoarthritis l1 l2 l3 l4, bone spurs, facet joints and stuff, my pain is getting worse so on the 9th of january at 7pm i'm haveing a MRI on lower lumbar/sacral so i'm a bit scared of the unknown and my results :!:

Well a hello to everyone and i'm pleased to meet you.

vwkamper.
P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello vwkamper. Welcome to the forum. There are, unfortunately for them, several people on here with osteo in the spine.

I hope the MRI scan doesn't reveal too much damage. I agree, the unknown is always a fearsome place but at least you'll know what's what afterwards which is always a good start.

If you've any specific questions just put them on the LWA forum where most people hang out. You can ask for 'pocket duties' if you like. That's where we all jump into your cyber pocket on the day so that you're not alone. All the best with the scan.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • vwkamper
    Hi stickywicket,

Thanks for your comment and your right i will finally know how bad i have become. Maybe that's the part i'm afraid of.

vwkamper.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi and welcome from me too..
    Look forward to seeing you around..
    You are not alone on here..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • chrisieCL
    chrisieCL Member Posts: 11
    hi there... I have just had my M R I for the same reason as you.. It's my first time on here too... (nice to know we'r not alone) mine was a grade four, too far gone to operate on... but I'm going to start to join clubs for us in our local area and try to concentrate on what I can do.. The M R I was not as bad as I thought as I took eye (sleep) covering and they played one of my favorite d.v.d's to keep me relaxed... So good luck and hope your one goes o.k... Chrisie x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hello Chrisssie and vwcamper

I just wanted to welcome both of you to our forums...l hope you will find them helpful to you.

I had back surgery a few years back due to years of damage....at the time l had 'lost' the feeling at all in my left leg. Good new is l am ok and up and standing still :smile:

I also have some inflammatory arthritis now, but that back op was a success.

Chrissie l am sorry they are not offering you any help, but this lot on here should at lesat give you some tips and support.

Love

Toni xx
  • vwkamper
    Hi

Thanks for your kind words,

Sorry to hear your mri didn't give you good news chrissie :smile: and yes it's good to think positive like you i hope to move on after my test.

vwkamper