Hello All

concernedson
concernedson Member Posts: 12
edited 17. Jan 2012, 15:14 in Say Hello Archive
I actually posted elsewhere with questions before introducing myself, but it seems like a good idea to post here too to say hello. Basically my Mother in all likelyhood has rheumatoid arthritis and as she's not really forum savvy, I have decided to ask questions here on her behalf. It may be that a treatment regimen is prescribed to her soon, and hopefully I can use the forum to make sure that all is being done to help her. You hear a lot of health horror stories, so I want to make sure I'm as informed as possible about this condition. I've been looking on wikipedia and elsewhere, so I already know a bit more about it than I did previously.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome..

Nice of you to try and find out as much information as possible for your mother in law..
    The forum is good at offering ideas and support and i hope some of your questions may be answered..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • concernedson
    concernedson Member Posts: 12
    traluvie wrote:
    Hi and welcome..

Nice of you to try and find out as much information as possible for your mother in law..
    The forum is good at offering ideas and support and i hope some of your questions may be answered..

My Mother, not mother in law :). I did write "my Mother in all likelyhood" though, which admittedly does look like Mother in Law :D. Thanks very much for the friendly welcome. I think it's great that a support forum like this exists. I googled looking for an arthritus forum, but didn't really hold out much hope that such a bustling place would even exist. I'm going to have a look around here and see if I can what I can learn.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Concernedson

Please do not hesitate to ask what questions you like about your mum's arthritis diagnosis and when you know more about what help is being offered to her. I would suggest that you post on the Living with Arthritis forum (LWA forum) as this is where most of us hang out. You will get support and help on there, so do not worry about that and never think that any question is too silly to ask.

There is also the Helplines that you can call - number at the top of the screen or ask a question on the Helplines zone. There is quite a lot of information they can send too or you can download it from the forum.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.