Pain clinic

magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 25. Feb 2012, 00:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya,

I'm waiting (still!) for an appointment for the pain clinic-nearly 3yrs now.

Do they, or can they, arrange MRI scans and xrays?

Magenta x

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Eileen,

My one is worth her eight in gold, or even more. She did arrange carpal tunnel tests and they can do and arrange a certain amount.

Mine doesn;t do mri's (not sure if she can or not) as she always deferred it back to the consultant however her opoinion is well respected but she said she was just a lowly pain clinic consultant and the real consultants are well above her :wink:

Personally I think she i better than any other consultant!

When do you go and we will all pile into your pocket... we bring our own hay and straw :lol: ((((( ))))) and a anti-pain bucket. Cris xx
  • magenta
    Hi Cris,

Nice to see you! I don't have my appointment yet-only been 3yrs waiting.

When (if!) I get my appointment, I'll let you know. I'll make sure my pockets are big enough :wink:

love Eileen xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Eileen,

Have you made any enquiries as to why yo have been waiting three years and still have no appointment for the pain clinic. Surely you do not have to wait this long. A hell of a lot can happen in three y ears.

I have been a patient at a pain clinic a couple of time and have absolutely nothing but praise for them, 100%.

If it was me, missing out, I would start shouting.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • magenta
    Hi Elna,

How are you? Well, hopefully?

I attended a pain clinic in November 2009, referred there when I was attending the Glasgow Dental hospital for my jaw. I then had a follow-up appointment booked for 6mths later, only for it to be cancelled with 1 month to go. The next 3!! were cancelled. I then got a letter last year from the original dr saying as I lived in Lanarkshire, I wasn't eligible for any help from a Glasgow hospital-this happened after I threatened to complain. They sent my details off to a hospital in Lanarkshire, who after another 6months, wrote to me saying they can't see me until I have a GP referral. I have since got my GP to refer me and 2 dental consultants have written to them too! I keep getting told there's a massive waiting list.
    Your are right about alot happening in 3yrs-I now have several more 'things' for them to deal with. I'm so tired, I don't have the energy to shout. I'm at the stage that when I start to complain, I get myself really upset and it drains me. I'm still optimistic (just!) that my appointment will come through soon. I'll chase it up in 2wks-at the same time I've to chase up my rheumy appointment!

I'm sorry I've rambled a bit there-hope you're still awake Elna? :D

I'll let you know when I get my appointment,

Take care,

love Eileen xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    hi Eileen. That's terrible being messed around like that.. Can you tell them that you're willing to take any cancellations they have?
    I'm really sorry that you've had to wait so long. It really isn't fair..
    Not sure about the scans hun. My last MRI was arranged through them but it was many yrs ago and things change. Ask your GP? I'm sure they could refer you for one?

Best of luck, count me in for pocket duties :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • magenta
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the offer of pocket duties. I don't think I've had too many of those, so I think it's now needed, more than ever.

Thanks,

Eileen x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    always happy to help a fellow sufferer mi dear :D
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the offer of pocket duties. I don't think I've had too many of those, so I think it's now needed, more than ever.

Thanks,

Eileen x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    I got into the pain clinic very quickly. The nurse and physio (he was tall dark and handsome - oh to be 40 years younger :lol: :oops: ()

were very nice and went through all the pain medication with me.
    They 'told me off' for not taking my tablets regular as at the time I was fighting against medication, not wanting to admit that I needed them all the time.

The only thing I was a bit annoyed about is that they wouldn't send me for an MRI on my back. I wanted to know the extent of the problem in the full length of my spine. Ideally I would like to know exactly which joints the OA is in as I suspect it is most of them to some degree.
    I need to know what I am dealing with. The Physio said that they only sent patients for MRI if they thought they may need surgery.

It all seemed a bit of a waste of time to me, I could have visited my GP for a double appointment and come away knowing just as much.