Pre op done and dusted but no actual date.

tiggernut
tiggernut Member Posts: 339
edited 24. Feb 2012, 06:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Hooe you are all ok.
Just thought I would give you an update. I had my pre-op for my foot operation yesterday.
The consultant said he will be removing the infected bone and later I may have to have a similar operation to sort the toes out!
He doesn't want to do it now as he says there is a risk of the infection spreading.
He is going to be removing the middle part of the bone which means I'll have bone at the top and bone at the bottom and fresh air in the middle!! Can't quite get my head round it but he says it won't be a problem as my toes don't work a anyway!!
The good news is I will be having it as a day surgery.
He didn't give me a date but said there is no reason why it shouldn't be end of March as I am still on the waiting list.
He said he is going in from the top unless it has flared up again. I asked him about the sinus on the ball of my foot and he said I am walking on the bone and when it's removed it will relieve the pressure and will heal itself. Funny thing is when he removed the dressing it all looks almost healed and healthy. Mind you I have been on antibiotics for about 4 weeks with one week to go. Hopefully it will behave until the op without anymore antibiotics.
Take care everyone,
Anita.x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    made me go ouch just reading do hope it helps val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Anita

well progress of a sort l suppose and a plan at least in the surgeon's mind so you know, he knows, what needs to be done and how he plans to do it too.

Did you really say 'fresh air' :shock: blimey!

As early as the end of March eh? You must be pleased about that :)

take care

Love

Toni xxx
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Anita

well progress of a sort l suppose and a plan at least in the surgeon's mind so you know, he knows, what needs to be done and how he plans to do it too.

Did you really say 'fresh air' :shock: blimey!

As early as the end of March eh? You must be pleased about that :)

take care

Love

Toni xxx

Hi Toni,

Yep fresh air it's hard to imagine I know!! Yes I will be pleased to get it sorted.
    Anita.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Of course you will be pleased to have it sorted and I hope you hear soon. I'm not sure for how long pre-ops are valid but I hope you hear sooner rather than later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi ANITA
    i DO HOPE YOU HEAR SOMETHING VERY SOON, PR-OPS LAST UP TO EITHER 6 WEEKS OR 8 oh bugger the cap lock... :o so I do hope you hear something very soon.
    It will be good to get it out the way in time for summer x
    Love
    Barbara