Blood tests

Options
purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn Member Posts: 67
edited 24. Feb 2012, 12:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

I went for blood tests on monday for ESR, FBC, Liver Function and RF. I called the surgery this morning and they told me that 3 of them were 'satisfactory' but that one of them hadn't been processed and that the doctor was writing me a letter.

What does that mean? Not processed? Did the hospital mess up the tests or does it mean that the info isn't on the receptionists screen and the GP is writing to me because it's not something they want the receptionist to tell me?

Grrr....patience is not something I am blessed with!

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks

Aly

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not processed probably means that the lab hasn't done it yet or (more likely) the results have not been added to your records. Receptionists are not supposed to give any test result details, I have had letters from the GP before about test results that he wasn't happy about, but I was and the hospital too (he did not know that much about PsA or the meds I was taking). Don't fret, wait for the letter and if it says that another test has to be repeated then do so, or if he wants to see you then make an apppointment. Let us know the outcome, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Aly

mmmm.....how can l tell you not to worry...you will it's only natural :?

My fingers are crossed that the letter arrives tomorrow (before the weeknd) and all is well.

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, have you heard anything yet? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • purpleunicorn
    purpleunicorn Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi, and thanks for asking. I have just this minute got off the phone with the GP surgery. I asked what the 'not processed' thingy meant, and she said that one of the blood tests needs the doctor to do some further tests...I asked which one and she said something like 'ST Serum'...I may have that wrong but it was a bad line.

Looking at google (damn it) it could be FB as in full bloodcount.