What to expect?

Options
Darwin
Darwin Member Posts: 45
edited 24. Feb 2012, 13:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, i have got my first appointment with the rheummy nurse next Wednesday i know we are going to discuss what meds i am going on and maybe have a few more xrays done.Im just wondering what usually happens when you meet up with the nurse..
I also have my first physiotherapy appointment next Friday and was wondering what usually happens at these appointments.
any advise would be much appreciated.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Darwin, I think you've summed it all up quite nicely in your question! :) My first meetings were so long ago now I genuinely cannot remember what happened but over the years I have learned to keep a diary about stuff that happens in between appointments so I can report any changes, to take notes during apppointments (or even better, take someone with me who ain't fuddled with pain and who has a working memory that's longer than mine!) and to be as friendly as you can: I reckon they remember you in a better light that way and that can always come in useful! :lol: I wish you well and please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Darwin
    Options
    Hi DD thanks for your advise,i have thought about keeping a diary and i also think i really do need to write down any questions before going because there is always something i forget to ask and remember on the way home (annoying).
    Thanks again Darwin :)
  • Aimer66
    Aimer66 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi Darwin,

I'm new on here so hope I'm not being too forward....

When I last saw my consult I went in armed with a list of all my symptoms since the last visit (I kept a diary) and he told me it was a valuable aid in helping him help me.

I fill it out mornings and evening and include everything from aches and pains to my state of mind.

Good luck,

Mark.
    Want what you have.
  • Darwin
    Options
    Hi Mark thank you for your reply. You are right I need to fill out a diary as there are so many symptoms I can never remember them all. Welcome to the forum I am fairly new to the forum myself diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis about two weeks ago.

Darwin