I'm sorry I haven't been around but ....

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 24. Feb 2012, 13:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
I started a new job on Monday (20th Feb) and am undergoing a massive learning curve. Am still settling into my new department and trying to get my new colleagues to understand my health issues and physical restrictions.

I've also been battling this blessed Arther; my brother in law had to have major surgery due to a diagnosis of tongue cancer (which was due entirely to his 40 yrs+ smoking habit - stopped now of course), and my partner's ME has still been causing issues, although slowly settling day by day thankfully.

I realise I've missed loads of pocket duties and I can only apologise sincerely for that. I hope you're all keeping reasonably well and not letting this Arther win your individual battles. I'll try to do better from now on - I promise!

Your support to me in the past has been invaluable and I don't want to lose this as it means so, so much to me.

Please forgive me?

Grace
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Forgive what? Don't be daft, GraceB. You have been getting on with life and surely that is a good thing. I hope you will soon feel more settled in your new role (mind you, you're only four days in, yes? :) ) and that the other factors also ease for everyone involved. Take care, keep in touch, we're always here! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is lovely to read you have a new job and hope its not too much of a struggle.

I hope BIL is on the mend poor chap and OH is coping okay.

It is Lovely when people pop in to update.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Grace, I'm so pleased for you that you have found a way of going to work and living with Arther. Your a role model for many!
    I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law and I hope they manage to stop the cancer. And I hope your OH's ME settles soon.
    I can imagine it's hard to juggle everything but don't feel like your letting everyone at AC down! As I said your a positive role model people who have Arther and are considering going back to employment can look to you and say it can be done!
    Try and keep staying in touch now and again so we can hear how you are and how everything is going. Was so good to read your post.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Grace

no apology necessary lass but lovely to see you :)

So dreadful to hear of your BIL's cancer. l have been in this position with a very good friend and just want to offer you all my support and very very best wishes. particularly hard surgery to have and recover from, but my friend did way better than anyone expected after his operation on his tongue tonsil etc.

Hope you settle in to work before too long and that you LOVE it :D

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Grace its lovely to have you back, and good luck with the new job, I am sorry to hear about your BIL..but fingers crossed the surgery will have been successful, and I am so glad your partner is getting there.
    I really do wish you well with everything x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. Yet again your support is there - wonderful crowd of people on this support site.
    I won't describe on here what my BIL's tongue looked like when I saw it on Tuesday evening ....

Take care,
    Grace.
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hello GraceB,Idont think we have spoken before i just wanted to say how brave i think you are being,am sending you (((()))) and thinking of you and your family.Mig