update on me

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 2. Mar 2012, 13:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just getting ready to watch the rugby hoping to take my mind off things.Its now been12 and a half hours since i last took any codeine,im very twitchy and very tired,will try to last till bedtime then have one to help me sleep.Mig

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done Mig! You are doing brilliantly! Hope the rugby is good and that it does help to take your mind off things a bit.

Thinking of you.

Love Tillyxxx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hello Mig yes it is helpful if something you enjoy helps keeps your mind off things. Take care
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    You have done so well and must feel very proud of yourself , hang on in there ; you're an inspiration . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm watching the rugby too (so far no beer :( ) and I hope it does take your mind off matters Mig. Stay strong my lovely, you have reached this far so you CAN get a little further. (()) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    I went to bed 10.30 and slept for about an hour ,woke up feeling very twitchy so took a pill ,could feel it slowly begin to work next thing i knew it was 7.55 and hubby was asking if i wanted toast,dont feel too bad now just a little on edge,will see what today brings.
    Hope you all have a comfortable day as possible.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Well, I don't know about your household but in ours the day is bringing footy and rugby. :) Keep yourself distracted Mig, I am sure that will help matters and chin up - you are doing so well! DD
  • mig
    Yep footie and rugby for us too.
    Hubby is from glasgow ! imagine our house on international days.
    Hope you feel better soon DD. Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Lucky me 3 girls, me and one outnumbered husband = no sport :lol:

Mig serioulsy l am so impressed with you l think you have done so well :D

You'e almost cracked it :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    Just got thru another 24 hours on just one codeine pill to help me sleep last night.huge pat on the back.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, mig. You really are an inspiration. Best make that a very gentle pat on the back though. Don't do any more damage. :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    I am thinking i am just taking a step backwards this afternoon,feeling sick,hot sweats,cold sweats!nearly every joint aching even ones that dont usually and a god awful craving for codeine which i am resisting like mad.Just telling it on here is making it easier cause i know what it is and i know i can get thru this.Was hoping to try going without one at bedtime will have to wait and see how the evening goes.Bet theres c*** on tele.Mig :?
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    it is the easy thing to do to give in to the meds, well done for not doing so. I've cut down on my fentanyl & keep going through the whole nasty sweats thing.. Not nice but it won't last forever..
    Keep strong.. Keep posting :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    REsisted the urge to take codeine till nearly midnight,then slept till 6.30,left wrist is so painful so have a heat patch on it ,dont know that they do any good but it feels comforting.Mig
  • mig
    Left wrist has been so painful all day with slight swelling ,paracetamol havent done any good,got wheaty bag on it,roll on codeine time at bedtime.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mig you are doing really well, like you say distraction is the thing, I can imagine bedtime is the hardest, but you are getting there, and we are all behind you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Mig, thought I had replied to this, but it appears not. You are doing well, and distraction techniques are good. Reading if you can, silly games etc.

Take care

P.s. biogel I think its called is really good, it freezes the joint, but lasts for ages, its a bit pricey but worth it. You get it from health shops, I bought a few trial sachets as cheaper. It is natural so no harm to body. Worth a try when desperate :D
  • mig
    Got thru the night on 15mg codeine instead of 30mg,feeling chuffed with self,it was a bit rough as i kept waking BUT I DID IT.Hubby will buy me some midget gems !Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Firstly, WELL DONE TO MIG! :D Woo-hoo! b020.gif Now that is what I call a good start to my day!

Secondly - are we talking small diamonds or small biscuits? :wink: DD
  • mig
    Jelly sweets.Mig
  • mig
    After a really positive start i have had an afternoon from hell,feeling sick,sweating then cold,really anxious feeling in pit of stomach and so tired but cant nod off.I am afraid i gave in and took a 15mg of codeine which is just half the dose i was prescribed,now i feel so guilty i could cry,sorry everyone after i was doing so well.Mig
  • stickywicket
    You're still doing well, mig. This is a very minor hiccup. No more. No less. Keep going.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Thanks Sticky,my hubby said same thing,he said maybe i was trying to do it too quick.Mig
  • stickywicket
    I don't know enough to say whether he's right or not, mig. (Isn't it awful when they're right? :wink: But impatience is one of my own favourite vices so I have every sympathy.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Had to take a 30mg to get me thru the night,feeling fine this morning,maybe i need to work out a better plan for the 15mgs,like i did the 30s,stretch the time out between each one till i can drop one and so on.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    I think you are spot-on with that, Mig. I was lucky with the steroids as I could reduce by tiny tiny amounts, which I know helped, but to drop from 30 to 15 is a huge reduction all in one go. Go for the four-hourly intervals, then five, then six, and let's hope that works, yes? DD