pocket duty please, worried

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 28. Feb 2012, 08:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have spoken to my GP this morning as I have had altered sensations in my legs and feet. My foot has been completely numb at times this weekend. My lower back is painful, more so since the fall.
I have some other symptoms which I spoke to my GP about and he is worried and talked about `Red Flag` symptoms. I have to go to see GP in an hour and may need to have an MRI scan/ referral to orthopaedics.
I am worried and nervous.
NB

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    I have spoken to my GP this morning as I have had altered sensations in my legs and feet. My foot has been completely numb at times this weekend. My lower back is painful, more so since the fall.
    I have some other symptoms which I spoke to my GP about and he is worried and talked about `Red Flag` symptoms. I have to go to see GP in an hour and may need to have an MRI scan/ referral to orthopaedics.
    I am worried and nervous.
    NB

well i am with you but not in your pocket sounds like you have enough probs with out my weight in there positive thoughts coming your way good luck val (who is floating around your head so please do not squat me)
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    HI NB,Will be in your pocket today,let us know how you get on.Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi NB
    Of course I'll be in your pocket.
    Please let us know what happens

Love (((((())))) Hileena
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Just jumped in your pocket.Hope all goes ok,keep us posted.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Ready for pocket duty , have brought Betsy dog for extra hugs if needed . Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm probably a bit slow off the mark here, NB, but I do hope all is as well as possible. Thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    NB I hope I haveen't missed your pocket.
    I am thinking of you

love juliepf x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi nearlybionic, I'm probably too late for pocket duty, but I'm thinking of you.
    Best wishes Numpty
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Hi

I am in your pocket NB.

I like you keep losing feeling in my feet and ankles. My lower back is also very painful following a fall three years ago.

Keep us all posted on how you get on.

x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I'm there too NB.. Be bringing Ra along to keep the menagerie in tow..
    Good luck mi dear
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jaja
    jaja Member Posts: 135
    Hi NB.....count me in sorry im late....hope all goes well

jaja
  • purpleunicorn
    purpleunicorn Member Posts: 67
    I'm there restrospectively. I'd bring my lovely cuddly labrador too but he's a big furry lump and would put you all out of kilter. Hope all is well. X
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi NB
    I am a bit late...sorry .but I am thinking about you and hope your appointment went well..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Ra can sit in the opposite pocket, he's about the size if an average labrador, lol..
    He's also a big furry lump, not so cuddly though, he's a grumpy old man, haha
    I'm there restrospectively. I'd bring my lovely cuddly labrador too but he's a big furry lump and would put you all out of kilter. Hope all is well. X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Dear Nearly

l hope all has gone/is well :?

when my back 'went' the whole RT leg went dead as a do-do so l do understand :(

Good doctor taking prompt action.

Love and hugs

Toni xxx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    Thank you all for your support and pocket duty x
    Sorry that I didn`t get back to you yesterday. I had a very long consultation at the GP`s. (Not including the hours wait before I got to see her!)
    She was very thorough, and examined my back , legs and my injured knee.
    Regarding the numbness, she thinks it is either caused by a possible bulging disc, and/or muscle spasm in my back causing nerves to be trapped and affected. It is worrying that the pain is not always there, and that the nerves are being compressed to the extent that it is causing loss of sensation and numbness. She was reassured at present that I haven`t had any problems with bladder etc which can be an emergency situation. So she has signed me off for another week, and to continue with the coco`s in addition to my usual Naproxen etc.. I was offered physio but declined as I have only recently been discharged from physio and can do exercises at home.
    I have to go back asap if symptoms worsen, or if no improvement in 2 weeks she will refer for MRI. My knee has damage to the patella tendon and it will take several week to fully heal.
    So exercise, rest, pain dullers, ......
    Thanks again xx
    NB
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi NB :D

sorry I wasn't around for pocket duties :roll:

I'm glad your doc was thorough.... but please do go back to see her if the symptoms persist! you've had quite a bad time of it over the last months :? so I do hope it resolves with rest and that the meds help, as the doc's suggested.

lots of (((hugs))) and love

Iris xx