ESA/DLA Etc.....

RichT
RichT Bots Posts: 35
Hi I thought I would ask a question that at times seems to confuse most applicants from all I have read on various help forums recently, or it may be simply that it confuses me :lol: When I see posts asking for advice on completeing the array of forms we all are plagued with these days the No:1 piece of advice always offered is always answer all questions gauged on your worst days :!: Now this is GOOD advice but my question is this.... All of our worst days are days when our meds are ineffective or put another way imagine your day and how you would be with NO meds at all... So this should surely be the worst days and our forms should reflect this.. Or am I way off :?:

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Rich,

Our best advice is not to fill in the forms by yourself - check out what you are doing with a qualified welfare rights worker before you do your final version and always keep a copy. So I'm not answering your question as it's too complicated a world out there for unqualified people like us to try to navigate.

all the best
    Guy
  • RichT
    Sorry it wasn't meant to be an awkward question :oops: I was after other members general opinion on the matter :D Perhaps I posted it in the wrong forum :oops: Feel free to delete the post if it is at all controversial :wink:
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi RichT

Although we are not benefits experts here is a link to a website that may help answer your questions: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

Happy form filling!

Best Wishes
    Simona
  • RichT
    :D:D:D Thanks for the info but I think I know most if not all the advice sites now :o I have been researching for sometime now after being diagnosed with AS and OP some 30+ years ago and told I would be in a wheelchair by the age of 40 :cry: So far I have cheated that claim by 10 years now through total stubbornness :!: but I knew that at some point I would need to know the best way to deal with this and face any problems that were threw at me. :wink:
  • RichT
    I just had the CAB advisor round to try and shine a light on the whole benefits minefield and I must say this government is ripping the heart out of the less abled of us, from what she said I would be basically penniless after a year if I had to pack up work through ill health :cry: mainly due to the fact my wife works 30 hrs a week :roll: I wasn't aware that ESA only lasts a year at which time I wouldn't be able to claim any kind of support because my wife works :!: If I contest my DLA I am aware I could lose what I have so I won't be doing that... This country is in a real mess... I see why they are trying to shake up the welfare system but have they really considered the fallout from all of this, there are very few jobs and they expect all of these alleged false claimers to suddenly find a job.. Watch the crime rate climb through the roof over the next couple of years.. Sorry for the rant :lol::lol: