doc

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 1. Mar 2012, 06:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
had a lovely app with my doc yesterday talked about spine pain been getting and she examined it says it coming from neck yep that again lol also shoulder and chest being affected so back on exercises to see how they help and wheat bags.
knee was next she looked at this and said there not much movement in it but where i was getting pain was due to ligament dammage and to get knee suport and ankle weight to exercise it and with luck that will help did explaine did not want to use suport if it going to cause muscles to weaken work hard to keep them strong as i can but she says not if i doing the exercises should be ok and sort itself out .
she not sure why i getting itermitent deafness and did ask if i was listening to oh or ignoring him lol will see how that goes.
she never rushes you and always asks how joints are doing did look up sulfa and say yes i should have had regular blood tests but as it bit late now she says will put me down for anual check so will get notified when needs doing. val
val

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That was a good appointment val, I am pleased the dr took her time and examined you thoroughly.

Take care
    and have a good day

Love Juliepf x
  • valval
    thanks have good day
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Really glad you had a positive appt Val. :D

Tillyxxx
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    That's great that you have a good GP - mine is also very understanding.

Hope you get sorted soon Val.

Pink x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi Val, it's always nice to hear when someone has a good appointment. I rarely see my GP about my RA. they always say "You should ask your consultant about that".
    My last consultant was great. The new one however is only interested in my bloods. He says "I know you're flaring as your CRP is very high" He never examines me. Consequently the last time I went to see him I didn't bother to shave the winter growth from my legs. Well, we all need extra warmth this time of year! Of course he was on holiday and I saw the nurse who brought in another consultant, who examined me very thoroughly, especially in the leg area. Whoops!
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • valval
    that always the way but do put clean nickers on just incase mum would slap me if did not lol
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Whoah there girlie! What time/space continuum did you slip through there? :) What a good appointment, it does help so much when someone really listens and understands. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    So Del, are yours silky smooth? Do you share SWMBO's Immac/Veet/razor? :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben