feeling :( after being told....

CJHunter
CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
edited 2. Mar 2012, 18:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
its 'Just ware n tare'....

Hi all , had my appointment today, finaly, after having mri of knee. Was hopefull that it was a carlidge tare so they could fix it.
Who Am i trying to kid eh???

I knew deep down that it was the OA, but to be told in the way I was and also told it wasnt bad enough to do anything to has made me so upset and angry.
i did question him, but what is the point. He has refered me to phisio and to see gp about pain.

I know that this may seem silly but i was just clinging to the hope it wasnt OA.

Am so very emotional at mo. all over the place, well its one more thing to notify the consultant at guys about.

I have been trying to enquire about the new stem cell trial for OA, which i would be willing to try, and hope someone gets back to me about it.

Havent been about supporting others too much recent;y. I do appologise about that, just had lots going on.
Thanks to all the support i have had from my friend from A.C

Will be back in first gear soon.
Thanks for listening.xx
Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    it does not matter how prepared you are for them to say it it still feels like a kick in the teeth just for once it would be nice if it was something they could sort quick and easy but do not worry if you do not get on much you always suport others when you can and we understand val
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sorry CJ cant have been very nice for you,sending you some hugs (((()))).Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Tough call, Clare. I guess we've all hoped at one time or another for what we know is unlikely. (I once struggled about on a broken hip for days on the grounds it was just a badly torn muscle.) Take your time to get back into the driving seat, let alone first gear. For tonight, I prescribe a good slug or two of summat nice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • CJHunter
    hi Val, Mig, Stick. Thank you all, I have had a good slug or two, dont u worry bout that sticky. gotta have summat to numb the knee, eh,lol

take care my lovelies.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think OA has always been the bridesmaid, never the bride. Its sheer ubiquity does not help - being the most common form of this malarkey means that it is easily dismissed as 'just one of those things'. It's just like the 'common' cold: that can cause distress, discomfort and make one feel very, very lousy but what do people say? 'Oh, it's just a cold.' :roll: I hope you feel better about it all soon - at least there is a reason for what is going on, and at the very best your days of the foul meds are gone. Now you know where you are and I hope that does give some kind of comfort. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • CJHunter
    Oh DD, I so wish it were the days of the foul
    meds gone. That was just the answer for my right knees hun. The rest of me ,it seems, still has the PA and fibro, just waiting for the treatment to be decided.

Hope you are doing better.
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    ((( Clare))) it is just all so complicated, we wish for one label, clear and simple and then deal with it. Unfortuntely someone forgot to tell arfur. It continues to suprise us with unwanted new additions to our misery.

Clare, I know it wasnt the simple answer you wanted, but you are strong and will cope. The physio will have strategies to help you to cope.

I wish it were easier for you and am aware I am not helpful, but I am thinking of you.
  • CJHunter
    Susy, U r helpfull and have been so supportive of me, thank you.
    I know i have to let Phis have a go, it just gets too much at times eh.

take care all.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    hello mi dear... I'm sorry that I missed this earlier. Yesterday wasn't a good one..
    I really hope that you hear back about the stem cell stuff, that sounds quite promising eh?
    Wishing you the very best of luck with blokey hugs from me and purrs from the fat lad
    :D:wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Aaaaaaaaaagh! - spot the post-bug brain. :oops: I had completely forgotten that you had the other (Gawd knows why, my OA came as a result of my PsA, ich bin ein DumkopfDaisy :oops: ) I am so sorry CJ, please forgive my error. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Sorry you're feeling so bad, I'm thinking of you.
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Claire
    I am sorry to read how down you are, it is understandable, we do pin our hopes on one thing and yes you can guarantee it becomes something else.
    We did have someone that was on a trial for stem cell treatment, if I find it I will bump it up for you.
    If it helps you to talk to us, then I for one am happy to listen
    Sending you loads of hugs (((((())))) x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi just popped in to see how you are today the sun is out here and helping to make the world seem a brighter place i hope it shinning on you val
    val
  • stickywicket
    Just stopped by to see how you are today, Clare. I know the situation hasn't changed any - unfortunately. Just hope the slugs helped.
    Steven Wright
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Stopped by to say hi!!!! :D Hope things are a little better today. I find appts can be very draining as we pin our emotions and hopes on them, and when they are shattered, its a long fall.

Take it easy and treat yourself to nice things, you deserve it.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Clare, Sorry have'nt been around. I'm sorry your having a crappy time. The stem cell trial sounds interesting, your brave wanting to be put forward to the trial's, then again I was one of the 1st people to have the H.R.T implant! Let me know what happens hun. And if you ever wanna talk just P.M me.
  • CJHunter
    Thanks for All your support , you are a fab bunch. :)

I have had some time to reflect and although its crap I am in a better position than many so for that i am very gratefull.

I will be fine and get as much from ythe phisio as poss.
    Need to find out more bout this stem cell stuff, no one is getting back to me, maybe they have enough guinea pigs eh m0275.gif (closest i could get to guniea pig,lol)

Anyhow Thanks all.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • stickywicket
    Hope the physio helps, Clare. I really do.

Have you read Sturge's thread on his stem cell treatment in USA?
    Steven Wright
  • CJHunter
    Hi Sticky, no i havent read the thread will try n find it thanks. hope u r ok (ish)
    thanks.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg