back to work

YORKYSUE
YORKYSUE Member Posts: 35
Hi been off work for 2 weeks easter hols im still on phased return doing 4 days this week then back to full time week after this friday health and safety are coming to assess me my H R manager said i cant do my job i was pushed over by one of the kids the day before my meeting and that seemed to prove her point (to her anyway)do you have to have some letter or evidence to say you are disabled or can you say you are i dont like to say that but i am there is so much i cant do for myself im in constant pain but i still want to work i work with children that have issues with behaviour i cant restrain or catch up to them anymore but they come to me when they are upset and need advice and i think this is a more important part of my job but if im in a class with another T A and they need help to restrain a child then i wont be able to help them in my class i can talk to my kids they dont need restraining but starting next thursday im in a different class for a morning each week its the worst class in the school they kick off constantly and it usually takes more than 2 staff sometimes 5 to restrain 1 of the kids im scared that i will be putting the other staff member in a not very safe position i cant help and i cant run for help also if i asked for part time hours work 3 days so i can have a rest i also have chronic fatigue syndrome can she say no or would that be classed as reasonable adjustment sorry its so long ive had a horrible 2 weeks worrying about it all H R also said if i have any questions for H anS i have to tell her first thanks sue

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi sue i am just a forum member not part of the help team but wanted to leave you a hug((())) it sounds so stress full as it the weekend it might take the help team a while to reply do not worry they will do good luck val
    val
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Dear Sue,

Thank you for your enquiry to Helplines. This sounds like a lot of worry that you are dealing with. If you are in a lot of pain it can be difficult to know where to begin. I wonder whether you'd like to talk over what's happening? You'd be very welcome to ring us here if that would help.
    If you are in union then now might be a good time to get in touch with them and see what support they can offer you - if you want help in discussing things at work.

If you'd like some of our information, just email helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk with your name and address and we'll post you some if that would be helpful. Do let us know what kind of arthritis you have if possible.

I hope we can help further.

Guy
  • YORKYSUE
    YORKYSUE Member Posts: 35
    Hi i have O A im not in a union i did speak to someone from D I A L but i still dont know if i would be classed as disabled with O A and C F S i have a feeling that i wont have a job for much longer thanks for your reply sue