Lost PM's and posts.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 30. Apr 2012, 21:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is there a problem with sending PM's and posting on this site, I've sent quite a few replies to people who've PM'd me but I get no replies back from them, I even PM'd the MOD's asking the same question but again no replies came back from them either!, what's going on??, I've also had posts go AWOL on here it's like I'm living in a black hole, has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    not sure have you sent me one because not had one but have had posts go it bit strange val
    ps just going to send you one to see if it gets there
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Mel :)

I have had no trouble posting and my posts staying in situ, and no trouble with pm-ing either. I am sure you are aware that if the person you are pm-ing has not looked at your message it will loiter in your outbox. If it goes from there, into your sent box, the person has read it, but for whatever reason has not replied. Regarding a reply from pm's sent to a Moderator, one does not always get a reply. :(

Sometimes postings appear to disappear/get deleted in error when being checked/moved by the Moderators and if there is no back up system, in place, unfortunately they are not retrievable :(

C'est la vie/That's life.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've just replied to two of yours, Mell, which I've only just picked up.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    hi got yours and have replyed
    val
  • mellman01
    Thanks all I got those sent to me not sure but I think it's probably me having fat fingers, a slight glitch in the matrix and senility, as Elna says C'est la vie/That's life. but I now can't remember what the original questions was?, in fact who the hell are you lot and why are you all following me?!, and what am I doing on here anyway!!??. :lol:
  • mellman01
    And it still keeps going on, I've PM'd a few of you guy's over the last few days and you've been posting on here but not replied to any of me me PM's, well only one so I'm not sure what the feck is going on, maybe I've finally become obsolete on here after all these years??. :?:
  • valval
    mellman01 wrote:
    And it still keeps going on, I've PM'd a few of you guy's over the last few days and you've been posting on here but not replied to any of me me PM's, well only one so I'm not sure what the feck is going on, maybe I've finally become obsolete on here after all these years??. :?:

you not obsolete at all but i also get very few pms these days mind you not been sending many either not sure why val
    val
  • mellman01
    Well Val I've sent around 5 out to people who know me on here there posting yet haven'r bothered to reply so I guess I've either become invisible or am being ignored deliberatly which I find both odd and sad if you know what I mean, I don't know what I've done wrong if anything but it feels like I'm now a Larry on here.
  • valval
    give them a chance this weather is making all of us a bit hit and miss keep a stiff upper lip and there lots of newbys who have not met you yet val
    val