Large Employer

Options
Emily
Emily Member Posts: 124
Hi everyone I have not been on here for a while due to ET taking place and with all the hassle with employer.

Access to Work recommended new equipment for me in 2010 but employer ignored this request and my GP wrote to my employer and they ignored this also.

To cut a long story short the Pre Hearing for my case is next week and my employer told me last week that the equipment is in store for me. I went to be set up for the equipment for me. I went to have the equipment set up for me which would be a big help for me working there but I could that the manager did not like that it had been purchased for me and i feel it was due to that I was able to walk and talk and breathing!! I am now under the oncologist department of the hospital and showed the details to the manager just to prove her wrong that she should not make assumptions on staff that they refused to send to OH or paid for time off work due to them not complying with Access to Work recommendation about staff disability.

The manager told me that they post that they are creating is temporary and they are going to give me a phase back to work with considerable reduced hours which will not be paid.

They are putting me in a small room that needs desk changed for my disability, but that not the main problem which is there is about 25 mobile phone on the wall that managers stick them into sockets for charging in a large wall plate in the room that they want me work in. Is it safe to work in that room with all the mobile phones charging there with my medical conditions. This multinational employer has a good outward appearance as employer but nothing is farther from the truth.

I will bring it later but do not want to do so until after the Pre ET hearing that is soon to take place

Comments

• sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have you managed to get your equipment yet? I think I may have the same problem as you with my boss not ordering the equipment. I think it personally should be law. Hope you have got the equipment now. :)
  • Emily
    Emily Member Posts: 124
    Options
    sailrib wrote:
    Have you managed to get your equipment yet? I think I may have the same problem as you with my boss not ordering the equipment. I think it personally should be law. Hope you have got the equipment now. :)
    Thy got it for 5 days before the tribunal and now they are doing things to make me leave like changing the setting on it.

I would not go back to work until they got the equipment as it was damaging my health and manager did not care, but they have stopped my pay and I am fighting to get back, being disabled is not good as you seem to have to fight for everything even equipment to help you work from greedy nasty large employers, which money is no object for them.
  • thecat
    thecat Member Posts: 22
    Options
    I cant believe the stories on this thread, how absolutely shocking.It is difficult to believe that human beings can treat their fellow human beings in such a shocking manner.
    I am soooo lucky ,my employers had everything ordered and in place for me within weeks of my diagnosis & the report off our on site OH nurse !!!
    The employers you all talk about should be brought to rights by you all. As if we havent got enough to cope with , with our illnesses.