Seeking Help

Visualjaz
Visualjaz Member Posts: 2
Letter to Arthritis Care:

Dear Arthritis Care:,
I've had Osteoarthritis for the past twelve years. I have it it in my neck, and over the past twelve years it has been spreading down my spine. In the last 18 months, i have noticed that the right-hand side of my body is being affected. I have constance pain in my right-hand shoulder. My right-hand wrist and hand are also affected, with my right-hand starting to deform. My right hip and top part of the hip and leg are also in constance pain. My right foot is stone cold six out of the seven days.

In December 2011 I lost my permeant job, because I was struggling with my quality and productivity. I'm now on income support and I'm struggling to make ends meet.

As you can imagine, my emotions are very highly strung, which can only to be expected. Since last November, I feel like I'm going round in circle's between the Doctors, Hospital & self help oragnisations. And I've been chopping & changing my medication. But at every turn, I feel I'm going nowhere fast.

So is there any way you can advise me. Because the pain is not mirroring on the left side of my body, I'm left with impression that they think I'm taking the Michael.

I have been doing a bit of research over the past few months, mainly because I'm now under review. Whatever that means. So when I go back to my doctors at least I will be able to shown that there might be an alternative, to those tests that have come up blank. As i say the pain on the right-hand side has only been for the past 18 months.

And one area I've found is lupus(autoimmune disease), and this can happen in either the left or right sides of the body or both, what do you think? Or Ankylosing spondylitis again what do think.

I forgot to mention, that I have had IBS since I was a child and did not get a proper diagnose until I had a twisted bowel in my 30's. So I have a cybion circle between the two diseases.

I'm so depressed at the moment, and i don't seem to be taken seriously. Is there anyway you can advise me, as I'm at the end of my tether. If fact I've been in an incredible Dark time.

Yours Sincerely.

I have three major floors, one being partially treated. The other two are not. Hence I have bad days and very bad days.

I'm in a position I cannot see the end yet.

So I'm using some of my research skills to try and find what is causing one of the major fault, the third fault is stuck in a void, which is in a symbian circle with the other two faults and has repeated the same answers to many different professionals, but is still untreated(or being treated in an extremely mild way at the moment.

Yes, I got Osteoarthritis in my neck and spine, and for the past twelve years, and it is spreading down my spine, and is affecting my right-hand side of by body, for the past eleven years, I was in full employment, but last year I have lost my job through the illness. And over the past twelve years, I have kept on top of my emotions and depression, but the last nine months i have been going through a very dark period, and at the moment I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not in a good place at the moment...

Sorry if I have repeated myself.....
Yours Sincerely Dave Rothwell..

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Visualjaz

I’m really sorry to hear about all the different problems you are experiencing and being in a dark time.

Unfortunately we are not medically trained so wouldn’t know exactly what is going on in your body.

You mention looking at information on the internet and apart from our website you may have looked at Arthritis Research’s website (http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information.aspx). They also have a lot of useful information.

I would really encourage you to give us a ring on 0800 800 4050, as you can have a long chat about what is going on for you, how you are feeling and looking at ways of moving forward.

All the best

Nick
    Helplines Team