Do you believe in UFO's?

rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 27. Aug 2012, 16:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
For many years I thought people were deranged who believed in UFO's, abductions etc. But my wife and I had a nightmare journey a few years ago when we saw something in the sky so huge and yet after hovering over us
disappeared into the sky at an amazing and astonishing speed, I now know that there is something we know nothing about...yet.
Anyone else had this sort of experience?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Ron I am not sure what to believe, we did have some friends...years ago they were walking home after visiting there daughter...has they got to the end of the street they could hear a very strange sound...has they looked up there was two objects in the sky flying very slowly, they said the shapes were swan like but much bigger...they followed then for at least ten mins...then they picked up speed and had gone, they weren't the sought of people to make things up and I remember to this day how shaken they were telling the story, I would love to see something, it makes sense that there could be others in this very large universe.
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    My Bro did Ron last year sometime - three of them and he is NOT easily spooked at all.

I wouldn't rule anything out :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • rondetto
    My event would take too long to tell you, but it changed our lives and minds forever. We now know that there are things we don't understand. Stephen Hawking, in his book a brief history of time theorises that the UFO's could be the next step in human evolution. Meaning that they are people from our future travelling back in time to see how the world evolved. I'm not so sure of that, but anything is possible of course.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Absolutely, utterly and irrevocably not, I don't believe in any thing I can't see, (except Father Christmas of course).
  • barbara12
    I would love to hear your account off it all Ron, I know its hard to get over to people, but you have got me interested now.
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I've not had any experience of anything like this and don't know anyone who has. A lot of the pictures I've seen just look like those lanterns which float through the air. But, I do believe that there must be some other life out there. There's no way that we are the only life in the whole universe so there is a very good chance that they have visited our planet just as we have visited other planets.
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    In a word no.Mig
  • applerose
    Those of you who don't believe in UFOs, do you believe that there is other life out there other than our own? If not, why do you think that?
    Christine
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I don't believe there's anything "out there", because I've never had any reason to believe there is.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I second that numpty.Mig
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Ron, my husband and I had a very similar experience to you a few years ago. There was a large bright red light hovering in the sky above us as we were driving home one evening just before dusk. Then it shot across the sky at a terrific speed, leaving us both astonished and very puzzled. We had to check with each other that we had both seen the same thing.

We thought that the only thing which could have done that was possibly a Harrier jump-jet, but we would have heard the sound of the engine as it was low in the sky. There was no sound at all, so we have never been able to explain it. Even now, we still look up when we pass by the same place and wonder what it could have been.

I keep an open mind about UFO's after this experience.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    no
    georgie
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I'm with SH mate its us in the future
    problem is if you believe this then time travel will be possible
    what about ghosts are they ghosts or just people in time past or future
    not trapped but just cross time paths for a brief moment and thats why we see them.
    I saw a lady in victorian clothes i actually saw her several times in different parts of the building.
    i told my wife all about it and discribed her in detail.
    Now back in victorian times some woman was saying to her husband
    " you know darling i had the strangest thing happen to me today i saw a man dressed in strange clothes he was standing in our hall just looking out of the window. What do you think guys
    colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • rondetto
    I'll try and keep this brief Babs. It is totally true and unexplained. March 16th
    a couple of years ago when my daughter and son in law lived in Gosport on the south coast, he was in the navy at that time. We went down there regularly to see daughter and grandchildren. It's almost 300 miles each way to our home in North Wales, this night we started for home at about 9pm to miss the traffic. An hour into the journey I drove along a road and it was very dark, when my wife asked me what it was above us. I slowed down and looked up to see what I can only describe as a huge craft hovering above us with lights flashing around it. I kept looking at the road and glancing up at this craft. Far too big for a plane, and seemed to hover with no sound.
    Suddenly within a split second it swept upwards and was gone.
    We were both shocked and for a while didn't speak, then she asked me what it was, I couldn't explain it. In a state of shock, we were home and we always ring our daughter to say we're home safely. When our daughter answered the phone she said "Where are you"
    My wife said at home of course, the daughter said "You cant be, you only left here just over an hour ago."
    300 miles almost and we were home in just over an hour, not possible!!
    We just sat down and stared at each other saying nothing.
    There's more but too long to say, just to end by saying when I went to the car the following morning all the tyres were burst, I called the local garage who said it looked like they'd been burnt and asked how.
    There's no way I could relate what had happened the previous night.
    How would anyone feel after that? A complete disbeliever one day and now I'm not so sure. As someone above said, I was always told to believe what you see and not what your told.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    I would have said definately not ,Ron your acount of that strange journey well cannot think of another explanation,Marrianne :)
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    There are people with far stranger stories than that Ron but it does get scary mate.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • rondetto
    I agree Colin and Mari. I've often scoffed at stories of abductions and alien encounters in the past, but I keep an open mind now.
  • barbara12
    Gosh Ron...no wonder you were shook up, I do think it is easier to scoff at things like this then to admit what you have seen.
    I cant say I do believe one way or another, but I would love to see something or go through something like that... :? I think.
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Yes, since then I've been more interested than sceptical at these reports.
    Not every single sighting can be fake or even explained naturally.
  • applerose
    Wow, Rondetto. That sounds amazing. I usually believe what I see, not what I'm told. I just can't believe that there are thousands and thousands of planets and we are the only intelligent life. Don't think that's possible.
    Christine