Time for action

nicetomeetu
nicetomeetu Member Posts: 63
Dear Helpline team,

I am an osteoarthritis sufferer, who has been on medication for about a decade now.

With the strength and the advice I have received from the lovely members on this site, I have come to the conclusion to ask for help regarding my osteoarthis. If the pain isn't bad enough, it's a whole host of problems that come with it, fatigue, depression. I am on job seekers benefit at the moment and on the work programme, so you can imagine the sort of pressure I am under when I want to scream out, what about me, I am the one who needs help.

I know what I want to do, I am just confused, where to begin. Do I ask the job centre disability advisor, do I go to Citizen's Advice, do I contact social services, or is it doctor first?

I wanted to ring someone on your helpline number, but I am feeling weepy at the moment and I didn't want to talk to anyone for that reason.

I feel at a crossroads, don't know where to start, who to see first.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello nicetomeetu

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Their is no harm in having a good cry, even to us on the phone. Sometimes I think it helps to clear the cobwebs of the mind to then think straight to enable you to think clearly about the decisions that need to made. Unfortunately I can't tell you where to start as I don't know what the most pressing thing is and we are on training today so the lines will not be open until Monday. So for the moment I would say let it all out and give us a call on Monday so we can help you to prioritise what to do next after exploring the issues further.

Hang in there and don't let it all get the better of you, till Monday....

Best wishes
    Simona
  • nicetomeetu
    nicetomeetu Member Posts: 63
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Simona,

Thank you for your reply. I am feeling a lot more positive within myself today and yes, I think it will be helpful to talk through with the helpline team on Monday.

Have a good day now :)