burstitis

Options
hildamck
hildamck Member Posts: 6
edited 29. Sep 2012, 12:08 in Say Hello Archive
My right hip which has never been any bother to me suddenly on Tuesday became very painful, so much so that i could hardly walk on it. Called the doctor in yesterday and he says it could be burstitis, and if it does not improve will give me a cortisone injection. Anyone know anything about this condition?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've not had bursitis myself but I did have tendonitis in my hip in January. I believe they're closely related (Well, they weren't sure which of the two it was for ages :roll: ) and it was no fun.

I know some people on here have had bursitis in their hips and, if you copy this thread onto the Living With Arthritis forum, I'm sure they'll be along to answer although it can be a bit quiet at weekends.

Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I have had bursitis hip and shoulder. I was given a steroid injection and it did help. It wasn't too painful,but you have to rest after to give it chance to walk.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    hildamck wrote:
    My right hip which has never been any bother to me suddenly on Tuesday became very painful, so much so that i could hardly walk on it. Called the doctor in yesterday and he says it could be burstitis, and if it does not improve will give me a cortisone injection. Anyone know anything about this condition?

Hi welcome to the forum i haven't been here long myself you will find there are a lot of lovely kind and supportive people around, I have OA sorry don't know anything about burstitis but I have had cortisone injections before in my elbow and shoulder and I never felt a thing, as SW suggested copy this on to the living with arthritis forum and I am sure someone there will be able to help you hope to see you around.......tc.....Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles