NYE plans

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 1. Jan 2013, 09:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
It seems like a lot of pressure to do something fun on NYE especially when you're youngish like me. I'm not a big fan of NYE, it's another night after all and an expensive one if you've got friends like mine! I'll probably do nothing even though I have a couple of options. To be honest, being in my PJs fast asleep sounds like bliss, much more so than a boring party full of drunk people desperate for a midnight kiss! :lol:

Anyone else like me? Do you agree there's too much hype?

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Most definitely,hot chocolate for me ,hot water bottle snuggled in bed with kindle,but wish I could turn the clock back and party all night. Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Think i will have a stressful one Sophie :?

The eldest girls are havinga sleepover here (they are 17) and some of tehri friends are already 18. they are all girls, but no doubt there will be some alcohol here so l will be on edge hoping they are all omk.

Normally I am tucked up and Zzzzing by 10 as usual :oops:

love

Toni xxx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Its only a few years that Mrs C and i would Party all night, having the club made it so easy, i really miss those days. Had a **** christmas the kids came and that was nice i love them so much but the pain and one thing and another dident help anbd being on oxygen all the time has just knocked the stuffing out of me Positive my **** i just want to party but my body says no. Got the Kids agaim Tomorrow yes thier all grown up. Might just get plastered with Mrs C if she lets me LOL now look i'm laughing you bloody guys are infectious never could spell never done much dancing but when i was drunk you couldent see me feet move.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    I've been ordered to go to my son's for NYE but I'd rather stay at home and hibernate like I did on christmas day, I can't do the things I used to so its better for me if I stay away

Yes I agree...too much hype at this time of year.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    when we were younger we would do the whole getting drunk and being out till four in the morning etc...
    Then for a while we just hid and went to bed, like proper boring old farts lol.
    For the last two years we have had great parties at the house with a select few friends, last years was brilliant. And I even managed to stay awake until the small hours... Watching others nearly falling over playing the wii games lol. Was in agony for days but really enjoyed it.

Not this yr though. Gonna ignore the world and hope next year is a better one..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I would normally have a quietish time with a few friends and a few drinks. I used to be a stay up all night and recover with breakfast aka New Year's Day dinner. This year, largely because the writhing limbs poking through my belly mean that I can't, I'm dreaming of a big blow out with champagne, gin and anything else that looks fun and comes my way. In reality, because of the writhing limbs, I'll endeavour to stay awake and will welcome the new year with a hot chocolate! I might, possibly, have a cheeky tiny little slug of single malt, just to be seasonal.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • tjt6768
    I used to love watching Toni writhing around Janet's belly lol.
    I don't think Janet enjoyed it as much as me though... I love kids me..
    Reet big softie.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I would love to party but cannot get a babysitter on NYE for love nor money so I am resigned to spending yet another year watching Jools Holland and Big Ben on the internet (if my Son will let me).

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Starburst
    Oh that's a shame, Elizabeth. In previous years, I have babysat. Ask me next year. :wink:

This year, it's gonna be me, sis, mum, PJs, wine and snacks! Lovely!

Happy NYE wonderful people xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Well Crimble day I woke to a stinking cold and yesterday I was faffing about with an electric fence in a horse field that was like the Somme and now it seems to have set a flare off so I won't be going to the Black Horse Pub black tie ball. :(
  • tjt6768
    I wouldn't want to tie mi ball anyway if I was you Mell lol
    Hope things ease soon. You've been a good pal since I joined, cheers for that :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I have done the late night party thing but much prefer these days to curl up in bed watching tv so that as soon as the clock strikes 12, I can switch off and fall asleep. That's if I can stay awake that long.
    Christine
  • Starburst
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well Crimble day I woke to a stinking cold and yesterday I was faffing about with an electric fence in a horse field that was like the Somme and now it seems to have set a flare off so I won't be going to the Black Horse Pub black tie ball. :(

Oh no, that's a shame. Hope today is a brighter one for you.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi stardust well its still here today but it's not as bad and I have no hangover!, and as for you Toni I'll tie me black ball to what I like!, it's an old soft sounthern country tradition we have can't say more than that or I'll get banned from here!:)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Our neighbours got married yesterday and we were invited to the evening wedding party. Last night was our first New Year's Eve on our own and we would have gone but we stayed in as 'im indoors is suffering from a very bad blast of gout (the poor man can barely walk). So we drank wine, snoozed through a Lewis and went to bed at 11. He fell deeply asleep, I didn't. The blasted neighbours (not the newly-wed ones) mad a noise until about 3.30am, bless 'em, but at least it was only laughing and talking, not thudding music.

I dislike New Year, it is an artificial construct. My New Year is the eve of my birthday, that makes more sense to me! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben