Hubby away

katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 25. Feb 2013, 05:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well Folks,

My Hubby is away tonight so my girls and Me are having 'foreign' food as OH doesn't 'do' foreign food! Anything other than meat and 2 veg and he won't eat it. So tonight we're having Mexican.

My question to you all is what is your favourite takeaway? Are there any others out there who like us have to wait for the man of the house to be away to enjoy a bit of something spicy?

He's away for 8days in June - yes Elizabeth -Euro Lambretta! -the kids are already planning the food! They can't wait.

Love Kate xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mine doesn't do foreign food either,strictly meat and two veg.

Chicken chow mein for me . Mig

Ps have a great evening.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    My favourite's got to be 'Tai' deep fried sea bass with garlic and ginger yum yum, oh! Kate see what you have started slabbering here now :shock: and have had my tea, I'm a lucky beggar as I can have anything I want anytime as there is only me :) hope you all enjoy your mexican, mind you I like a nice enchilada, have a lovely evening.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    WE girlies love it when my husband is away...)heaven knows why I married him really :wink: Except he is lovely :oops:)....

Because we can have CURRY!!! or pasta :D

You enjoy your meal Kate

Love

Toni xx
  • lazicat
    lazicat Member Posts: 177
    Thai Green Curry & Pad Thai Noodles are my favourite.
    My Hubby prefers Indian though, so we usually end up having that.
    Havent had Thai for a while, now I fancy it !!!

I get so bored with normal everyday teas , nice to have a change.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Isn't it Lazicat....a nice change :D

love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Kate
    My hubby love Indian....so when he was away on his course...my GC and I would order Chinese...he had a bad one once and thinks they are all the same...and I love Thai...hope you enjoyed your food..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I love the house special Chow Mein if I'm having it at home but prefer a curry if I go out. I can't remember what it's called but is made with spinach and is bright green. I enjoy Thai too but there aren't any Thai food places anywhere in my area so I have that if I'm staying with my daughter.
    Christine
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I like to eat vegetarian food when Mr LV is away. He will eat it but I know he doesn't see it as a 'real meal'. He was proud that he cooked a veggie meal for himself while I was in hospital...a bowl of roast potatoes :lol: as for take out favourites... Jerk chicken and rice n peas or curry goat with jolloff rice. I have an African mate who runs a sublime African/caribbean kitchen can't wait to get back to my love of chillies and spice!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Mine is away too sunning himself in Spain. I have taken the opportunity to eat much less while he is away because when he cooks he serves up masses of food and my will power is less when the food is cooked for me -far too much. I might have to buy a pizza take away on Saturday as a treat for the children but I wont be joining in. I've already lost 4 lbs!

I hope you manage without him for the Euro Lambretta. OH intends to go Euro Vespa this year but its only a few days.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein