Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
edited 27. Feb 2013, 07:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone
can you think of any more
i can still hear you
i can read
on my scoota people have said there are some lazy people a bout.
a nieghbour said to sue if i was like you i'd kill my self.
take care
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• omelia
    omelia Member Posts: 16
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi im janet what a world we live in hey your neighbours ort to thank their lucky stars they don't have this painful crippling disease they would be the ones to cry the loudest :o
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Joan, I could have managed a nasty reply to that person but you and Sue are much too kind and polite - something they will never be.

I can think of other things:

You still come on here and help other people.
    You are very independent.
    You have made a lot of people happy when you ran your riding school.

I know you really meant other good things for anyone who has arthritis. There are hundreds. We are lucky we live in a 21st century welfare state. That's a big plus.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Janet and Sticky
    thank you for your kind reply's.
    i wondered about the good things in your life that keep you going and make you happy.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Joan lovely people like you keep me going...when people say awful things to me I think there are far more nice people in the world....I also think how happy my GC make me.....tell you what arthritis has done ..made me appreciate what I do have...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    I always try to think positively about 'arther' (although as some of you may know I've been having a wee bit of trouble with that lately) as there are so many 'worse' illnesses out there. If God had to give me anything then this may be painful but at least isn't cancer, MS, motor neurone etc. Etc

Love Kate x
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Joan,
    Thank you, your post (minus the nasty comments you've encountered, some people are such charmers) is beautiful! I'd add, my brain works (though others may sometimes disagree). At least I can still reason and escape in my head. If your brain is the problem that can affect your body as well.
    Love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's so easy to lose sight of the better things in our lives, isn't it? This disease can dominate far too much. So, what makes me happy?

Being on here. Seeing my friends. Sunshine. Beer. Being on here. Doing jigsaws. Reading. Watching telly. Being on here. People-watching when I'm out and about. Laughing. Being on here. 'Knowing' you and Sue. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Happiness is:

watching cricket while sipping a long, dry cider

‘wasting time’ with good friends. (It's never wasted. It's always very therapeutic.

a ‘walk’ (partly by wheelchair) in the countryside knowing that a pub lunch will follow
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright