Cartoons

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 28. Feb 2013, 06:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Im a big kid at heart and yesterday and today have been indulging myself and watching some of my favourite ever cartoon - Scooby Doo...It just makes me chuckle the way the gang always send Shaggy n Scooby for all the rotten jobs, facing the villians, frightening themselves silly...I know im too old for it (45) but what harm does it do and isn't laughter a great medicine....
Anyone else indulge in other such habits...Go on make me feel a bit less childish?ha!

Elainexx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I remember the first ever episode of Scooby Do. Next day at school I can remember us all talking excitedly about the 'new show'.

My girls loved My little Pony and so I had to buy the Pony adventure videos and my younger 3 adore the Walt Disney Films and almost know them off by heart. They all like The Simpsons.

South Park is my favourite and always makes me laugh.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    I used to love watching The Banana Splits and the different cartoons that was on that. Does any one else remember the Arabian nights? Oh th memories!

I now have to google it to show my youngest!!

Love Kate xx
  • elainebadknee
    Vaguely remember the Banana Splits and the theme tune....

Ha

Elainexx
    katekelly wrote:
    I used to love watching The Banana Splits and the different cartoons that was on that. Does any one else remember the Arabian nights? Oh th memories!

Love Kate xx
  • katekelly
    Vaguely remember the Banana Splits and the theme tune....

Ha

Elainexx
    katekelly wrote:

Love Kate xx

Yes Elaine......All together now.....
    Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la. Tra, la, la, la, la, la la! One banana, two banana, three banana, four, four bananas make a bunch and so do many more.

What fantastic lyrics- so meaningful Lol!! :lol:

In my head now for the rest of the night!

Love Kate x
  • elainebadknee
    Kate

You know a couple years ago I was feeling a bit down and was in Asda and saw a dvd for £2 - Trumpton...Well I bought it and sat and watched it, laughed me head off at it, best of all was Windy Miller getting totally blottoed after the farmer dropped off some scrumpy cider at his grainmill...I posted on here "Windy Miller Gets Hammered" or something like that...It cheered me up lots...**** it..
    Was also laughing at Scooby n Shaggy chasing a Teradactyl ghoul on a boat, Shaggy saying if they surviveed that escapade he would run off and join the circus and then Scooby punctured the boat and they flew off hitting the jetty, trapping the Teradactyl...I was in stitches!! Class!

Elainexx

Yes Elaine......All together now.....
    Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la. Tra, la, la, la, la, la la! One banana, two banana, three banana, four, four bananas make a bunch and so do many more.

What fantastic lyrics- so meaningful Lol!! :lol:

In my head now for the rest of the night!

Love Kate x[/quote]
  • Bydand1980
    Bydand1980 Member Posts: 35
    Never too old for cartoons!!!!!!! :lol:

I loved shows like Thundercats, Ulyses 31, Visionaries, Asterix, Dogtanian and loads more. Looking back on some cartoons there are some where you see adult humour and innuendo which went right over your head as a kid but worked on both levels!

More recently I've really got into the Studio Gibli films like Spirited Away, Tales From Earthsea and Laputa Castle In The Sky.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I had to google Arabian Nights but it didn't ring a bell.

My girls loved mysterious Cities of Gold and 80 days around the world (and that theme tune is now stuck in my head but better than Banana Splits any day).

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hi

Vaguely remember Thundercats and Dogtanian but none of the others..Just depends what generation you are in...The cartoons now can be too adult before their time..

Elainexx

Quote="Bydand1980"]Never too old for cartoons!!!!!!! :lol:

I loved shows like Thundercats, Ulyses 31, Visionaries, Asterix, Dogtanian and loads more. Looking back on some cartoons there are some where you see adult humour and innuendo which went right over your head as a kid but worked on both levels!

More recently I've really got into the Studio Gibli films like Spirited Away, Tales From Earthsea and Laputa Castle In The Sky.[/quote]
  • elainebadknee
    Dont know Arabian Knights or Cities of Gold...lol

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    I had to google Arabian Nights but it didn't ring a bell.

My girls loved mysterious Cities of Gold and 80 days around the world (and that theme tune is now stuck in my head but better than Banana Splits any day).

Elizabeth
  • katekelly
    I'm the same with cities of gold - I had to google that but don't remember it.

If you're talking themem tunes then the best for me was to White Horses. It was released by a group called Jackie as a single in the 70's. The programme was set at the Lipziana Stud in Yugoslavia where they bred the horses for the Spanish Riding School in Vienna. When I was 9 we went to Yugoslavia on a 'Pontinental' holiday (really showing my age there!). Whilst there Mother booked us on a day trip - we went to the Postijana Caves and then on to the Lipiziana Stud. I was in my element and spent all my time walking round singing the theme tune! Poor horses it was a surprise they managed to breed any after my wailing!!! :shock:

Love Kate x
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    My first favourite is Tom and Jerry. I loved that cartoon. Then of course...la la la...Banana splits. Loved that one. But I do have to say that my fav one now is....and I feel ashamed about this one......Sponge bob. I love him, my youngest has duvet set of him and bags and sweatshirts.
    Karen xx
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Kate

Well that sounded good going to see where the programme was set, sounds like a kids dream!...
    I remember when i was really small i must have written to some sort of magazine and i got a reply, found it few years back from Goody Gumdrops! Oh the shame!

Elainexx
    katekelly wrote:
    I'm the same with cities of gold - I had to google that but don't remember it.

If you're talking themem tunes then the best for me was to White Horses. It was released by a group called Jackie as a single in the 70's. The programme was set at the Lipziana Stud in Yugoslavia where they bred the horses for the Spanish Riding School in Vienna. When I was 9 we went to Yugoslavia on a 'Pontinental' holiday (really showing my age there!). Whilst there Mother booked us on a day trip - we went to the Postijana Caves and then on to the Lipiziana Stud. I was in my element and spent all my time walking round singing the theme tune! Poor horses it was a surprise they managed to breed any after my wailing!!! :shock:

Love Kate x
  • elainebadknee
    Karen

Oh and Roadrunner, love him to with Wylie Coyote...meek, meek!...ha...I used to watch Fingerbobs when was small too!

Elainexx
    constable wrote:
    My first favourite is Tom and Jerry. I loved that cartoon. Then of course...la la la...Banana splits. Loved that one. But I do have to say that my fav one now is....and I feel ashamed about this one......Sponge bob. I love him, my youngest has duvet set of him and bags and sweatshirts.
  • katekelly
    Sponge Bob is a big favourite in our house too! Again a catchy theme.... Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?.......

When my older two were young I used to watch the dream stone with them or perhaps I should say they watched it with me. I still think though you have to go a long way to beat the wooden tops also loved Hector's house and the herbs. Oh dear really showing my age now!!

Love Kate xx
  • elainebadknee
    Kate

Knew of Spongebob but not his theme tune....
    Did think Teletubbies used to be an insult to even a toddler's intelligence!

Elainexx
    katekelly wrote:
    Sponge Bob is a big favourite in our house too! Again a catchy theme.... Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?.......

When my older two were young I used to watch the dream stone with them or perhaps I should say they watched it with me. I still think though you have to go a long way to beat the wooden tops also loved Hector's house and the herbs. Oh dear really showing my age now!!

Love Kate xx