Stupid people arrrgh

Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 1. Mar 2013, 06:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Am so fed up with people that stand in the bus doorways instead of sitting down and then when I try to get off the bus with my rollator tut because I have to ask them politely of cause to move as I need to turn the thing around so that I can come off backwards as this is the easiest way to get off without having to lift the walker down off the bus. :x
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• Thelaststarfighter
    Thelaststarfighter Member Posts: 34
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi turbgran!

Nice too meet you, I don't need a rollator yet but prob will someday especially if every day after this one feels like today did! :lol:

I share your frustration with people who do not care or take any notice of what's going on around them.

People should be more willing to help or understand people's disability or health issues. My arthy is not visible but to walk slowly frustrates people so much that in pushing past me they nearly knock me down! :|

Fight back drive over their toes and then they will stand back! :lol:

TLSF xo
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    I find it with my crutches too. The other day some little wotsit tried his hardest to trip me up in Sainsbury's. When he didn't succeed he followed me out and managed to step on my heel! His Mother apologised after I yelped but never made him apologise -he'd be about 6 or 7 and I know if it had been one of mine I'd expect them to apologise without me prompting. And these are our next generation - nice!!

Love Kate x
  • Turbogran
    Thanks Ladies for you posts
    nice to meet you too Tlsf love the name by the way. sorry today felt so bad for you hope that it's not so bad for you tomorrow I wouldn't mind so much if people could not see that I had a problem but well I think you'd agree a four wheel rollator is hard to miss unless you are either stupid or have limited or no sight. and yes Ive run it over peoples feet many a time when they don't move :roll: but my philosphy is that all are entitailed to ride on the bus and not have to put up with these ingnorant (for want of a better word ) people.
    Kate i think I would have tripped the little Angel (ha ha) up before he did it to me. :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Where have manners and common courtesy gone now days eh. The child shouldn't have to be made to apologise, he should have been bought up to respect people so not try and trip you up in the first place!!! Makes me so mad. Ooooh if it was one of mine who did that wow betide them :o . My son (borrowed) some carrots from an allotment when he was little, I found who the allotment belonged to, made my son apologise and made him help the gentleman on the allotment for a week :lol: .

Take care Dee x
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Hi

Its not just kids although some mothers with kids are so selfish they astonish me...I was at gym on monday and on way out approaching double doors, a mum and young son were coming towards me so I waited aside for them to come first. The mum held open the door and little Sammy decided he was gooing to take his time...All the time the mum was cooing and aahing whilst Im waiting to get through the door (he was too close to squeeze by)...So Im waiting and finally her mate comes along, by this time Im getting pretty hacked off, she saw me all the time...The friend sees my face and motions to me to come thorugh pulling Sammy aside...No apology or nothing...
    Anyway when was only out of hospital just after TKR days before in Aldi a bloke steam-rollered past me at great speed nearly knocking me off my crutches..I did cry out as got a fright and other folk saw I was okay...He came back in and said he had been up all night but didn't apologise just said why he was hassled...I said he had nearly put me back in the ward!
    Manners cost nothing but sadly are lacking..

Elainexx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Carol this is one of my pet hates...I dont have a rollator..but a stick or sometimes two.. when I have been on the bus..and people stand in the way..I just can't walk sideways to get past them...and must say I find it is mostly the older end... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    That is so true Barbara it is mostley the older people that obstruct the doorways. they just make me mad. I was told once by one lady that I should not be out on my own with the rollator and i should have someone with me because I couldn't fold it up and put it in the luggage space and go and sit down on any seat not just the disabled ones and this was all because she wanted to stand there with her shopping and ther was a buugy and myself already in the space.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    I think nowadays it is very hard to find people being polite to others and showing respect as it used to be. When I used a stick, and even now people only think of themselves, they seems blinkered to anyone else.

Sorry, I must sound terrible. But once I remember crossing a zebra crossing and a man, with his dog literally wrapped around me by the lead. He could see I using a stick. And also, we have a Blue Badge because of hubby, because he is only in his early forties, the looks and abuse he gets from people.

Right, sorry, finished my rant. I shall go away now and sit in a dark room.
    Karen xx
  • Turbogran
    You rant if you want karen i feel exactlly the same no need to sit in a quite room your right politeness respect and coutersey is not in mostb peoples vocablary let alone thinking of it these days.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    I was on a christmas shopping trip with my sisters and we were in a large department store. A woman came at me like a bull at a gate and if it wasn't for my sister grabbing me I would have been on the floor. This bloomin woman never even acknowledged that she had collided with me but, a few minutes later we were about to go down the lift to the lower level when I saw the same woman approaching again so I said to my sister "I think we'll take the stairs but you walk at the side of me". We got to the stairs in front of this ignorant woman so she had to come behind us as we slowly, very slowly descended. I have never heard so much huffing and puffing and complaining from behind me. It was so worth the struggle down the stairs just to see her face.

Dee x