Tips

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 27. Feb 2013, 10:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Someone gave me for christmas some toiletries in amongst them body scrub and body wash...Now i have really sensitive skin and can't use such things in the shower, for me its Dermalol emollient...I can use body lotion only on the bottom of my legs (calf''s) as tried to use it one thighs and arms and it came up in big red auto immune flare up...I did give away as much as I could without family member knowing as they had given me the items...
So had a thought the other day and decided to use the body scrub as a hand-wash (for hands) and as they don't get irritated as much its fine and the products aren't wasted...

Elainexx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I love shower gel but when I suggest shower gel as a present I always get one of those packs given to me; lovely scented shower gel with a bottle of gloopy overpriced slime known as body lotion in a big over packaged plastic box. Now if the shower gel came with soap or even alone I'd be happy but the body lotion seems such a waste. I mean if you have a shower and use it it washes off if you dry yourself first before applying body lotion then it makes you all tacky and greasy. I hate the stuff.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Know what you mean Elizabeth but having to use it by the gallon now as my skin has gone to pot since being in hospital. The steroids only make matters worse and my age of course!! I've always had really good skin although it was greasy as a kid but up to now I've been really lucky compared to my sisters whose is very dry. I never had to worry about cleansing and toning and all that rubbish and the only stretch mark on my tummy after 3 kids is from the corner of my appendix scar which I had removed when I was pregnant with Ellie and that didn't show until I had Sarah nearly 10 years later!!

Love Kate x
  • elainebadknee
    Elizabeth

The only shower gel I now use is at swimming and its always the one for the most sensitive of skin and even then I just use it on my arms and legs...Tend to just let the shampoo foam run down my chest and that's enough for me...My skin is too sensitive to use just any shower gel so its a waste of time...As is body lotion, the one I use on my legs now is Cowshed - Wild Cow which has lemongrass, ginger and rosemary in and smells lovely, got some in TK Maxx for under £15 for 500ml so was well chuffed...Had to give away 2 bottles of body lotion got at crimbo as knew it wouldn't agree with me..

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    I love shower gel but when I suggest shower gel as a present I always get one of those packs given to me; lovely scented shower gel with a bottle of gloopy overpriced slime known as body lotion in a big over packaged plastic box. Now if the shower gel came with soap or even alone I'd be happy but the body lotion seems such a waste. I mean if you have a shower and use it it washes off if you dry yourself first before applying body lotion then it makes you all tacky and greasy. I hate the stuff.

Elizabeth
  • elainebadknee
    Kate

When you say your skin do you mean on your face or all over...Mine got sensitive after diagnosis of auto immune disease....I use bio-oil on my scar and at just over 4 months old its looking very good, think it may be very faint by about 8 months...

Elainex
    katekelly wrote:
    Know what you mean Elizabeth but having to use it by the gallon now as my skin has gone to pot since being in hospital. The steroids only make matters worse and my age of course!! I've always had really good skin although it was greasy as a kid but up to now I've been really lucky compared to my sisters whose is very dry. I never had to worry about cleansing and toning and all that rubbish and the only stretch mark on my tummy after 3 kids is from the corner of my appendix scar which I had removed when I was pregnant with Ellie and that didn't show until I had Sarah nearly 10 years later!!

Love Kate x