Hi :)

mummycj
mummycj Member Posts: 13
edited 23. Mar 2013, 04:43 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, Im sarah, I have had RA since i was 18 months old, school was hard because i missed alot being rather ill and not doing as i was told, which i think most children are like haha.. I had a baby boy in 2011, which is when everything has really gone down hill for me, in one year i have lost count how many knee injections ive had and three bum ones - which is all im allow to have, im on so many tablets i have lost count now, and all the blood test too.. In all my years of having this i have never EVER spoke to others about it but now getting to the point where i know im not alone i dont no every trick in the book to help my joints and what to avoid and what helps!.. keeping an open mind! Thanks :D x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. An auto-immune arthritis can come back with a blast after pregancy so I reckon you will just have to weather the storm until the meds kick in. I've had steroid injections and found them of little use - like all the meds they work for some and not others but they are not in any way, shape for form, a long-term solution. Many of us on here are on mulitple meds so you're not alone in that either. :wink: I have psoriatic arthritis and osteo, I began my PsA when I was 37 and I'm now 54. It's not fun but then who said life should be? :lol: I wish you well and look forward to seeing your name here and there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mummycj
    Aww thanks for the nice welcome love, I'm hoping the storm is nearly over now.. Yeah the injections are uncomfortable but do feel some effect after. I know their are people slot worse then me but i think everyone gets day when the world is against you.. If i never had pain again i would be like.. Whats happening?.. Haha but its what makes me me! Thanks again for your comment x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Welcome Sarah

I'm afraid it is OA and a few other bits and bobs I have so I'm afraid I can't help you on the meds side of things, but can help with support and sympathy, you have certainly came to the right place as you will find out through time there are lots of kind, careing knowledgable people on here, nice to have met you hope to see you around...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mummycj
    Thank you for your message Marie, I've been told by few that like certain foods and drink can cause your joints to go bad, but i just thought on here people would know more then what a doctor can say as i had my fair few who seems to know little about it, If you dont mind me asking whats OA is?.. I dont know the short form words yet! many thanks again Sarah x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello and a warm welcome from me
    I am a great believer in talking, and its not always easy with family..so coming on here means you can talk to people that understand some of what you are going through.
    has well as getting advice you must have so much to give..so I do look forward to you posting more very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mummycj
    Hello, Thanks very much barbara,
    I think anyone who doesn't have it finds it hard to understand it too, its even hard to explain pain your in and the moods you get from just being flared up..Thanks again hope to speak soon again x
  • dreamdaisy
    OA is osteo arthritis - there's a list of the common terms we use on here at the top of the Living with Arthritis forum (I think it's called medical Abbreivations) - it's close to the thread about tips to make life a little easier. DD
  • mummycj
    :lol: Sorry, i should of known really, thank you i will have a look at it - I just cant believe how bad some people really are like, op and medicine ... Im going to sound really silly but i thought i was like in a bad place but I'm nothing to compare to some people i have already start speaking to, feel selfish in a way that im so blinded by it!.. Just in shock at the moment! .. thank again for the help! x
  • dreamdaisy
    It doesn't matter if you have one affected joint or twenty - it's still an outrage. So what if there are others apparently 'worse off' than you? That matters not - what does is the ability to repeatedly pick oneself up to keep on going - therein lies the secret of Lliving with Arthritis. DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Thanks DD

Sarah so sorry about the shorthand it comes automatically at least DD has explained and pointed you in the right direction, she also has spoken some wise words and is totally correct it doesn't matter if you have a little or a lot we all have to live with chronic pain, that's why this site is so good everyone understands what you feel, oh forgot to say check out chit-chat if you haven't already, there are a lot of laughs to be had as well, it is not all doom and gloom..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mummycj
    Seems like i really annoyed with the comment i made, i know i just know of more what could happen to mW or i can become like with having these problems.. I wouldn't want anyone to have this or anything but like i explained its my first time speaking out about it to others who are in the same boat as me!.. Ilk have a look thanks Marie x
  • dreamdaisy
    Annoyed? :? Is that really the word you meant? :? Far from it, we do understand how difficult it can be but this is the first time we have 'met' you, that you have 'met' us and we are trying to help as best we can. My dinner has arrived so I have to go (my husband cooks at week-ends). DD
  • mummycj
    Maybe i should of used blunt maybe i dont no, just how i felt that came across.. yeah know i understand your trying to help, i was just stating it was a shock to me how more problems then myself, which makes mine look like nothing really.. enjoy you dinner :) i need to kick my partner into touch haha x
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello again, how are things with you today? I hope all is as good as it can be. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    HI Sarah

it's lovely to meet you and welcome you to our forums.

We are all coping with arthritis to varying degrees I suppose and have good and bad days. I hope we can help you and am sure you can help us lot too :)

Tis hard work coping with little ones too; lots of us have been through that so might be able to help you with some tips.

Love

Toni xx