Newbie. Arthritis / Zoladex ramble!

LilDab
LilDab Member Posts: 2
edited 29. Apr 2013, 16:22 in Say Hello Archive
Newbie here! I have been seeing the rheumatologist since last Oct (referred July 12) and I feel like I'm getting nowhere. The only pos bloods I've had is a slightly elevated esr.

I'm 35, had a course of Zoladex last year which is when my problems started and got progressively worse since (also had a hysterectomy in Nov so I am surgical menopause). I have costochondritis all the time, sore sternum, ribs, awful pain in my hand and feet joints which is much worse at night but lasts all day. At its worst, my knees, shoulder, elbow etc Some days I struggle to get out of bed which isn't fun with 2 small children!

I have bloods then have to wait 3-6 months in between follow ups which is incredibly frustrating! Consultant says it is not RA or Fibro. Might be a hormone disorder, he's not sure. Another consultant thought it might be linked to a slight rash on my wrists and feet. Anyway I've rambled but I'm starting to feel like I'm losing my marbles, it's a year since my referral and I'm no closer to diagnosis!

If you got this far, well done.. I feel better for the rant!

Dx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello LilDab. It's nice to meet you and I hope that, collectively, we can be of some help though I fear that, personally, I can't :roll:

I have classic RA and have had for over 50 years so I can heartily endorse the 'difficulty with kids' bit.

I wonder if our Helplines might be able to point you in the right direction - phone or forum. Also some of our other members might have more ideas than I but, as not many look on here, I suggest you copy your thread onto the Living With Arthritis forum. I hope you'll get some positive ideas there. Good luck :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi D

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to our forums.

I hope you will find them as helpful as I have over the years :)

You aren't the only person who isn't easily diagnosed (me too), but we can cdertainly be around while you negotiate the diagnosis rollercoaster :wink:

LOve

Toni xx