Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Carer

SecondLifeSecondLife Posts: 7
I have been looking after my hubby for the last 5 years since he was diagnosed with asbestosis and COPD, life has not always been easy but we have made the best of it. This week we had a bombshell drop when our GP told me that I had RA, I am currently waiting for an appointment with the hospital which, apparently, will be within 2 weeks. At the moment my hubby's health is stable but even so I am finding it hard to cope with simple things like cooking or shopping. I am feeling positive and hope that once the pain is under control that life will return to some sort of normality. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would be grateful for them. :)

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello again SecondLife, it's nice to see your name again. Please re-post on the Living with Arthritis part of the forum because us forum members will be able to answer you there. I think there are some carers amongst our number - I definitely remember one but she hasn't posted for a while now after a successful hip operation. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_teamhelpline_team Posts: 1,834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Second life,

Thank you for your post to Helplines. I'm sorry to hear about your rheumatoid diagnosis. You've got a lot going on and now this. If you'd like some information about arthritis or some support we'd be happy to help. If you email your name and address to [email protected] we can post more information. If you'd like a chat you'd be welcome to ring us on the free phone.

I hope we can help further

Guy