Carer

SecondLife
SecondLife Member Posts: 7
I have been looking after my hubby for the last 5 years since he was diagnosed with asbestosis and COPD, life has not always been easy but we have made the best of it. This week we had a bombshell drop when our GP told me that I had RA, I am currently waiting for an appointment with the hospital which, apparently, will be within 2 weeks. At the moment my hubby's health is stable but even so I am finding it hard to cope with simple things like cooking or shopping. I am feeling positive and hope that once the pain is under control that life will return to some sort of normality. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would be grateful for them. :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello again SecondLife, it's nice to see your name again. Please re-post on the Living with Arthritis part of the forum because us forum members will be able to answer you there. I think there are some carers amongst our number - I definitely remember one but she hasn't posted for a while now after a successful hip operation. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Second life,

Thank you for your post to Helplines. I'm sorry to hear about your rheumatoid diagnosis. You've got a lot going on and now this. If you'd like some information about arthritis or some support we'd be happy to help. If you email your name and address to Helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk we can post more information. If you'd like a chat you'd be welcome to ring us on the free phone.

I hope we can help further

Guy